Can't Save to Folders - Extension Issue or Program Issue?

Like I'm sure many of your users, I have hundreds of logins and it's critical to keep them organized. Up until now, that's been easy to do in 1 Password using folders. However, although the folders still exist, it's become a nightmare keeping track of what needs to be moved into them.

In the past, before your new "improved" (NOT!) version of 1 Password and the 1 Password Extenxion, when I would go to a website that required me to create or enter login information I had a number of choices. Now, it seems like my only choice is to Save the information or to close the 1 Password window. OK, maybe I can live with that. However there is no longer the ability to choose a folder in which to save the information...and that I can't live with! It's counter-intuitive, incredibly user-unfriendly and a big step backward for 1 Password.

I had always though the purpose of new versions was to add features, not to remove ones that worked and were helpful. This doesn't seem to be Agile's approach to 1 Password.

Beth

Comments

• betht
    betht
    Community Member
    I'm not sure if this is a flaw in the new 1Password Safari Extension or the program itself, but whichever it is, it's a major PAIN IN THE BUTT!!!!!

Like I'm sure many 1Password users, I have hundreds of logins and it's critical to keep them organized. Up until now, that's been easy to do in 1Password using folders when creating new logins. However, although the folders still exist in the application, it's become a nightmare keeping track of what needs to be moved into them.

In the past, before your new "improved" (NOT!) version of 1Password and the 1Password Extenxion, when I would go to a website that required me to create or enter login information I had a number of choices. Now, it seems like my only choice is to Save the information or to close the 1 Password window.

OK, maybe I can live with that. However there is no longer the ability to choose a folder in which to save the information...and that I can't live with! It's counter-intuitive, incredibly user-UNfriendly and a big step backward for 1Password.

I had always though the purpose of new versions was to add features, not to remove ones that worked and were helpful. This doesn't seem to be Agile's approach to 1Password.

Beth
  • betht wrote:

Like I'm sure many of your users, I have hundreds of logins and it's critical to keep them organized. Up until now, that's been easy to do in 1 Password using folders. However, although the folders still exist, it's become a nightmare keeping track of what needs to be moved into them.

In the past, before your new "improved" (NOT!) version of 1 Password and the 1 Password Extenxion, when I would go to a website that required me to create or enter login information I had a number of choices. Now, it seems like my only choice is to Save the information or to close the 1 Password window. OK, maybe I can live with that. However there is no longer the ability to choose a folder in which to save the information...and that I can't live with! It's counter-intuitive, incredibly user-unfriendly and a big step backward for 1 Password.

I had always though the purpose of new versions was to add features, not to remove ones that worked and were helpful. This doesn't seem to be Agile's approach to 1 Password.

Beth

Hi Beth,

I'm sorry to hear you are disappointed. As you may have read elsewhere, with Safari 5.1 Apple changed the way extensions work, and we were forced to build a brand new extension from the ground up. The method we used to integrate with previous versions of Safari are no longer available, so it isn't quite so simple as to flip a switch and go back to the old way of doing things. We've only had a few months with Safari 5.1 and Lion, whereas we had years to develop and test and mature the previous extension.

We do hope to have these issues fixed soon and bring back the necessary functionality that the Safari extension had before. We have received an overwhelming amount of feedback from our users (hundreds of emails and forum posts per day) and we hear you. We want to get things working as much as you want us to. :)

We've already released a number of updates since Lion came out based on customer feedback and have a bunch more coming.

We're working on it, and we appreciate your patience while we work these things out.

Thanks.
    Ben
This discussion has been closed.