Mac OS 10.11.3 with 1Password 3.9.20. Upgrade to 6? Current passwords gone? New email.

Options
priesner_pastiche
priesner_pastiche
Community Member

iMac OS 10.11.3 Using 1Password 3.8.20. Purchased and installed 2012. Have since changed email address (registered with new address.) Should I upgrade to 1Password 6? If I do, how do I retain my current passwords? Also have iPad.

1Password Version: 3.9.20
Extension Version: don't see an extension #
OS Version: OS X.11.3
Sync Type: ?
Referrer: kb:sync-options, kb:sales-faq

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @priesner_pastiche,

Thanks for contacting us with your question about upgrading!

If you're using 1Password 3 on OS X 10.11 (El Capitan), you'll likely run into some compatibility issues which are explained in more detail here: 1Password 3: Modern browsers and OS X

Because of that, I definitely recommend upgrading to 1Password 6 for Mac. It's a paid upgrade, although you can get an upgrade discount if you have an older license. We explain more about that (as well as give the steps to perform the upgrade) in this knowledgebase article: How do I upgrade 1Password for Mac from version 3?

To get the upgrade discount, you'll need your license code for 1Password 3. If you don't have a record of that, and if you're unable to receive a license email at the old email address, just open 1Password 3 on your Mac and go to 1Password > License in the menu bar. As long as the app is activated, that will show you your license key.

Hopefully this helps, but if you have more questions or need anything else, just let us know! :)

This discussion has been closed.