I want to sign up for the Family plan. Not sure if I already purchased the 1Pass for mac or not..

Options
snooz48
snooz48
Community Member

I think I signed up for the free trial a few weeks ago. Decided to go with the Families plan. How do I find out if I already purchased 1Pass for Mac already and how do I sign up for the Family plan?

1Password Version: 6.1
Extension Version: 6.1 (610005) AgileBit Store
OS Version: OSX 10.10.3
Sync Type: iCloud or Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:how do i know if i purchased1 password already

Comments

• williamporter
    williamporter
    Community Member
    Options

snooz,

I AM NOT AN AGILE EMPLOYEE OR AN EXPERT. But your question sounds very similar to the one I asked. You might check out the answer given here:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/60900/confused-about-whether-ive-got-families-account-already-family-license-vs-1password-for-families

Here's my hunch: If you don't yet have a web url + an account key — in other words, if you can't log into a website to use 1Password — then I suspect you've got the old multiuser (a.k.a. "family") license, which is totally different from the brand new 1Password for Families.

I think that's right but please don't put TOO much faith in what I'm saying. Just wanted to give you something to think about while you wait for the experts to reply.

Will

• Aleen
    Aleen
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @snooz48!

I'd be happy to help you out here! Let me ask a few questions so I understand your situation:

• You said that you think you signed up for a trial. Did you do that on the 1Password Families website?
    • I see, from the information you provided, that you're using the Agilebits Store version of 1Password for Mac. I checked our records and don't see that you purchased it from us using the email address with which you signed up for the forums, but it's possible you used a different email address to buy it.

If you haven't bought 1Password for Mac already, don't do it now! The cost of the app is included in your 1Password Families subscription :)

Thanks for your answer, @williamporter! :)

• williamporter
    williamporter
    Community Member
    Options

Aleen,

I didn't INTEND to sign up for a trial. I thought I was signing up for the real thing, although perhaps I was vaguely aware that there's an automatic trial period.

I believe that I DID signup on the 1Password Families website. Think it was a link in an email I got from Agilebits. Maybe I goofed and used the wrong page?

Will

• williamporter
    williamporter
    Community Member
    Options

Aleen,

I didn't mean to but it looks like I was spreading my confusion about in two different threds, and in another thread, Ben set me straight, so I'm good.

For the record, I somehow DID end up with a Teams account. Still not sure how that happened, as I was aware of different of Teams vs Families before I started (from reading in this forum) and I always meant to sign up for Families. Anyway, I went to settings in my browser and used the "convert to family account" button. And now it all looks good.

Thanks!

Will

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update Will!

Ben

• snooz48
    snooz48
    Community Member
    Options

Aleen
    I think I signed up on the Agilebits Store on my Mac, but went to the Apple App Store for my iOS devices. So I think I am on a free trial. It is very possible that I signed up using another email address, not the one for the forum. Is there a way I can confirm I did not already pay for 1Password?

Thanks

• Aleen
    Aleen
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @snooz48!

There are a few ways we can approach it! We would have sent you an email confirmation, so you can check your messages for that message. You can also take a look at our support article for some tips on finding it:

I’ve lost my license. Can I look it up, or can you resend it?

Please let us know how what you find!

• snooz48
    snooz48
    Community Member
    Options

I tried requesting the email but have not received it. I think I signed up for a free trial and want to sign up for the Family plan. What is the next step? I'm going to be traveling in a few days and would like to take care of this before I leave if possible.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @snooz48,

If you downloaded 1Password for Mac from our website without purchasing a license, then you're likely using the free 30 day trial. If you do think that you purchased a license at some point, we're happy to do a bit more investigation to track it down. You can email us at support+licenses@agilebits.com with your full name and any email addresses that you might have used to make the purchase.

But, as Aleen mentions above, the cost of the app is included in your 1Password Families subscription, so you can continue to use the trial for now.

To sign up for 1Password Families, head to Families.1Password.com and set up an account. Our support pages include User Guides for 1Password that can walk you through the process of setting up the apps, and getting your 1Password Families account where you need it.

If you've got more questions, we're here to help!

This discussion has been closed.