Safari AutoFill, Save Password 2x issue

(yes I saw the FAQ)
I am aware that you all are aware of this issue:

http://help.agilebits.com/1Password3/safari_autofill.html

For the time being I've done as instructed. I'd just like to pipe in and say that I do like Safari's auto-fill. I'm sure it's got its security flaws, but since I'm the one with access to my computer I don't worry about that much. The convenience of it is more important. So I do hope you'll make the 1PW Safari 5.1 extension compatible with it.

That's all for now! Great job in getting out that brand new extension so quickly. I have no doubt you'll get this and other issues worked out.

Comments

• I am aware that you all are aware of this issue:

http://help.agilebit...i_autofill.html

For the time being I've done as instructed. I'd just like to pipe in and say that I do like Safari's auto-fill. I'm sure it's got its security flaws, but since I'm the one with access to my computer I don't worry about that much. The convenience of it is more important. So I do hope you'll make the 1PW Safari 5.1 extension compatible with it.

That's all for now! Great job in getting out that brand new extension so quickly. I have no doubt you'll get this and other issues worked out.

Hi there woodenbrain.

I'm not aware of any plans to resolve this conflict. Our recommendation is and always has been to disable Safari's redundant form filling.
    I'm not saying that we'll never do this, simply that I don't believe we have any plans to do so at the moment. Sorry I don't have a better answer for you.

Ben
  • woodenbrain
    woodenbrain
    Community Member
    bwoodruff wrote:
    I'm not aware of any plans to resolve this conflict.

Really? Did you read your FAQ?:

That said, we are still working to see if the two can coexist more peacefully in Safari 5.1.

And prior to 5.1, the two seemed to work much better. At least I wasn't always asked to save the login after logging in to a site autofilled by Safari. In fact I wasn't aware there was a conflict at all until 5.1.
This discussion has been closed.