How to copy data to 1Password forteams from Dropbox synced agiliekeychain

eKristensen
eKristensen
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I've Windows 10 and i've downloaded your windows 10 beta app, there i open the team account and my vault on dropbox. it have a feature to copy passwords but it does not work.

1Password Version: 2016.3.1600
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox!

Comments

• Hey @eKristensen! Sorry to hear there's some trouble afoot. What happens when you try to copy things? Are you referring to the "50 failed" part of the screenshot you shared? I'd recommend checking your Internet connection to make sure it's not dropping out or anything, then try things once more. :) Let us know how it goes.

• eKristensen
    eKristensen
    Community Member
    edited March 2016

They fail at once everything. It's only 50 because it's not finished failing. (I've not finished but no indication at all any would succeed)

I've a top grade internet connection, dropout is NOT the issue... http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5159737878

And I've tried many times. None copied..

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@eKristensen: Ah, so it goes through all of them and the result is that they were all skipped because they couldn't be read? Thanks for clarifying that!

I hope you don't mind, but I've moved this discussion to the Windows 10 beta category of the forums so the team can help you with this issue.

There have been some reports of very old 1Password vaults being difficult to read by the app. Can you give us some basic information about it? First, do you have other vaults that have copied successfully? And then if you can tell us where the vault originated (OS and 1Password version used to create it) that might give us a clue to what might be causing this. Thanks in advance! :)

• eKristensen
    eKristensen
    Community Member

Yeah i would make sense, it just skips them at once, so its likely it can't even read it. But i can see the passwords and things in the win10 beta app, just not copy them to your synced vault. (haven't tried to copy to another local vault, idk if that would be different could try it.)

My vault is about 1½ year old. I converted it to a opvault at some point but i'm not sure whenever i just used the old one, or converted that one back again. I think i just used the old vault. But what i am sure: I did export the passwords to a 1pif and created a op vault, didn't make any difference, can't copy anything.

Its a big vault with about 400 items. I have not been able to copy anything from that vault., notes, passwords, website logins anything at all.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

My vault is about 1½ year old. I converted it to a opvault at some point but i'm not sure whenever i just used the old one, or converted that one back again. I think i just used the old vault. But what i am sure: I did export the passwords to a 1pif and created a op vault, didn't make any difference, can't copy anything.

@eKristensen: Thanks for getting back to me! That definitely doesn't sound like the vault is too old (we're thinking more on the order of 5+ years). Just to confirm, have you been using 1Password on Windows exclusively, or did you maybe create/modify the vault on a Mac?

Yeah i would make sense, it just skips them at once, so its likely it can't even read it. But i can see the passwords and things in the win10 beta app, just not copy them to your synced vault. (haven't tried to copy to another local vault, idk if that would be different could try it.)

I'd give that a shot. In the 1Password for Windows desktop app, you can easily Ctrl C to copy the currently selected items to the clipboard, create a brand new vault, and then Ctrl V to paste them in it. I'd say just try a handful of items, perhaps both with a new AgileKeychain and OPVault in Dropbox, and see if either can be successfully copied from Dropbox to 1Password for Families using the Windows 10 beta.

The difficulty here is that we obviously can't ask you for your data (and don't send it to us!) to try to diagnose the problem, but if we're able to narrow it down a bit that may give us enough to work with so we can get this issue resolved. I'm sorry you've been struggling with this problem, but I really appreciate your patience and willingness to work with us on this to find a solution! :)

• eKristensen
    eKristensen
    Community Member

I've used and edit my vault on a iOS device, that I've used for my daily smartphone. Now i have a Nexus, and I've started to sync it there too, as my old phone just is lying around at home right now.

I will test as you describe as soon as i can :)

• @eKristensen there is an open issue with copy feature in Windows 10 app, it fails when the target vault is new. While we are making a fix, there is an easy workaround - just create any item through the web app (you can delete item if you don't need it). Then you can use copy in Windows 10 app to bring your items from legacy vaults to 1Password for Family/Teams. Sorry for the inconvenience :)

• eKristensen
    eKristensen
    Community Member

It worked and most of my data has been copied to the team vault. It would be nice if it could write what items that wont be copied. I had like 6 items in 300 missing, but its gonna take a while to find them :(

Is there any browser extension for 1Password for teams for windows? As far i can see the 1Password chrome extension only works with the old "native" windows application...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2016

It worked and most of my data has been copied to the team vault. It would be nice if it could write what items that wont be copied. I had like 6 items in 300 missing, but its gonna take a while to find them :(

@eKristensen: Thanks for following up! Progress, but not quite there yet. That's a great question!

@SergeyTheAgile: Is it possible to have the migration process throw an error to let the user know which item failed?

Is there any browser extension for 1Password for teams for windows? As far i can see the 1Password chrome extension only works with the old "native" windows application...

Correct. Currently only the 1Password for Windows desktop app is (via the Helper) able to talk to the 1Password browser extensions in Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Opera. The 1Password for Windows 10 beta app cannot communicate with other apps, though it's something we hope will be possible in the future.

• Yes, items failed to copy stays selected and have red warning icon next to them. If you hover mouse over (or hold) this icon - tooltip with details will appear. Although, this information is lost when app is restarted. We may do some better reporting for that in future updates. My guess is that were some of the old and deprecated categories.

This discussion has been closed.