An error occurred while installing the extension “1Password”.--I tried restarting Safari

Options
swdstmaker
swdstmaker
Community Member

I tried restarting Safari to no avail.
OS=El Capitan 10.11.3
Safari=9.0.3
MacMini Mid 2011

Any suggestions?
Bill Schneider

1Password Version: 6.1
Extension Version: 4.5.5
OS Version: 10.11.3
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: kb:browser-extension, kb-search:error installing Safari extension, kb:safari-cannot-install-extension

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @swdstmaker,

I'm sorry you're getting an error when trying to install the 1Password extension in Safari!

It sounds like you're getting the error message shown here: How to fix the “Safari can’t install this extension” error

I noticed in your message that you said your extension version is 4.5.5, which seems to imply that the extension is already installed in Safari. If it is, that would explain why you're getting the error when trying to install it again. But you shouldn't need to install it again if it's already installed - if it is, are you having any problems with it?

If the extension is already installed but something isn't working correctly and you're trying to reinstall it to see if it helps, you'll need to uninstall the extension first, and then you'll be able to install it correctly.

Does that help at all? If not, please let us know a bit more about your setup and if you're having trouble aside from the error message you mentioned. Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.