How do I create/migrate two private vaults to the family plan?

edwalker
edwalker
Community Member

I've used 1PW for years and love it. Today I created a family plan. As I understand it, my personal vault is where I can put what was in my primary vault. But how do I move the other vault -- passwords for an organization I work with -- into another private vault that is not shared with my family?

Also, will my family plan personal and shared vaults sync with DropBox? If so, how do I set it up? I do not see my new Personal vault/folder listed under Sync in Preferences.

1Password Version: 6.1
Extension Version: 4.5.5
OS Version: OSX 10.11.3
Sync Type: DropBox
Referrer: kb:teams-families-migrate

Comments

• Hey @edwalker! Aww thanks. :chuffed: I'm glad you've enjoyed 1Password.

As I understand it, my personal vault is where I can put what was in my primary vault. But how do I move the other vault -- passwords for an organization I work with -- into another private vault that is not shared with my family?

That's a good question. It may be best to keep that local on your computer, since it's for work and Families is for family matters. We have Teams for organizations to use if you'd like to look into that and speak with the rest of your coworkers about it. If you do want to store things in your Families account, you can. Just open your account in the browser, click the family name in the top right, and click Admin Console. Switch to the Vaults tab, click the + button, and create a new vault. You'll be added to it once it's created and you can move things over from your existing vault just as you did initially. :)

Also, will my family plan personal and shared vaults sync with DropBox? If so, how do I set it up? I do not see my new Personal vault/folder listed under Sync in Preferences.

Families actually does all this itself, so there's no need to use Dropbox. You can just sign in to your account on any other devices you have and all your data will be there. To share things with your family members, just invite them to your account. You can do this from the Family Members tab of the Admin Console. You can then give them access to any vaults you'd like to share with them and they'll be able to see all the data in there as well. Hope that helps!

This discussion has been closed.