Send/Share item to specific family member/ Access question also

Options
zrepmd
zrepmd
Community Member

Is it possible to send a specific item (or share it) to a member's vault directly, and not only to the shared vault?

Additionally, when I added a few items to the shared vault, and then invited two of my children, they were immediately able to see those items (just as I expected). however, in going through the "manage access" feature, I see that their names were not checked. I checked access for both of them, but I don;t really see that anything changed. Not sure if there is an issue or not, but it would've seemed that they would have not seen any shared items until I granted access.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Jacob
    Options

Hey @zrepmd! Thanks for posting. :)

Is it possible to send a specific item (or share it) to a member's vault directly, and not only to the shared vault?

At the moment, sharing can only be accomplished with individual vaults. If you need to share a single item with a few people, or with just one person, I recommend creating a new vault and moving or copying the item in there so they can move it into their vault. You can create a vault by opening the web interface, clicking your family name in the top right, and clicking Admin Console. Then switch to the Vaults tab and click the + button to add the vault. Make sure to give the person you want to share it with access once you've created it, then create an item in the vault, or move an existing one in there from one of our apps. We're hoping to streamline this process in the future.

Additionally, when I added a few items to the shared vault, and then invited two of my children, they were immediately able to see those items (just as I expected). however, in going through the "manage access" feature, I see that their names were not checked. I checked access for both of them, but I don;t really see that anything changed. Not sure if there is an issue or not, but it would've seemed that they would have not seen any shared items until I granted access.

Sorry for the confusion here. As mentioned in this post, we're working to improve the way this works and we should have an update available soon. :)

ref: B5-1243

• zrepmd
    zrepmd
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the replies. I will be patient :)

• Ben
    Options

On behalf of penderworth you're very welcome. :) If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.