Can't tell if this is the app for me

Options
ed1chandler
ed1chandler
Community Member

I'm looking at ditching Lastpass before my renewal in early April, but I can't understand your pricing scheme.

I've got two people involved here -- me and my wife. I'll be using it on Windows and iOS. She'll just be using it on iOS. We don't need a ton of bells and whistles; I just need to be able to share a few (but not all) passwords with her.

So my options are ...
1) Pay $50 for a Windows license and $10 for an iOS license ... and then pay more when you have a "major" upgrade.
or
2) Pay $5/month for the family plan? (Which is 5x the price of Lastpass for two users)
or
3) Pay $12/year x 2 and stick with Lastpass.

Part of the problem is that it's not entirely clear what you can do with the Windows and iOS apps without buying a license.

What's your advice?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ed1chandler: My advice would be to use the free trial to get acquainted with 1Password first before deciding to spend any money. That will give you a sense for what they can do.

You can use the 1Password for Windows desktop app for free for 30 days, and after that you'll still have access to the data; you'll simply won't be able to add more items beyond 20.

1Password for iOS, however, is free, with an in-app purchase only if you want the Pro Features. You can access any data you sync from the desktop version there though; you simply can't create items of all types without the Pro upgrade.

Those are the standalone apps, and you can sync data between them using Dropbox.

1Password for Families, on the other hand, gives you access to the fully unlocked apps as part of your subscription (rather than purchasing them each separately). The main caveat in your case may be that the 1Password for Windows desktop app does not yet support 1Password for Families. In the mean time though, you could use the 1Password for Windows 10 beta app or the 1Password for Families web interface to access your vaults on Windows. We're working on an update to the desktop app, but it isn't quite ready yet.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.