My family member cannot log in to 1Password for families even after the invitation is confirmed.

Options
Ed_Bell
Ed_Bell
Community Member

My family member using a PC (Windows) cannot log in to our shared 1Password account, even after I sent an invitation from my Mac running (Yosemite 10.10.3), confirmed the invite response and made her an account owner. My dashboard shows her as joined and active. The dashboard shows two family members and one shared vault. Neither the master password, nor license key allows her PC access. It says it is in a trial version. The exact message says, the license key is not correct. She had PC access until loading a recent update to 1Password 4.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:teams-families-setup, kb:teams-families-migrate, kb-search:account key, kb:account-key, kb:teams-troubleshooting-signin

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

@Ed_Bell - What version of the Windows application is your family member using? I ask because AgileBits developers are still working to bring Familes to the current release of 1Password for Windows. There is partial support for Inthe beta version for Windows 10, but not for earlier Windows versions. If the Windows 10 beta isn't an option, web access through a browser is the only option.

I do not know how invitation acceptance works in a browser, though. For that information, some else will need to chime in.

Edit: I see that I overlooked that this problem began with 1Password 4 for Windows. That doesn't support Families. Is there a problem with that update as a standalone version?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Ed_Bell,

Thanks so much for giving 1Password Families a try! I'm sorry that you're having difficulty getting your wife set up. As Hawkmoth says, our developers are still working on implementing support for 1Password for Teams and 1Password Families in 1Password for Windows, so for now, your wife will have to access your Families account via the web interface.

The exact message says, the license key is not correct. She had PC access until loading a recent update to 1Password 4.

Regarding the licensing of 1Password for Windows, this message is correct. I looked in our back office records, and I can see that you purchased a license for 1Password for Mac. This covers as many Mac computers as you and up to 5 members of your household use, but it does not apply to 1Password for Windows. Don't worry about purchasing more licenses though- you'll receive access to all our apps with your 1Password Families subscription.

For now, I hope that your wife is able to access the data she needs via the Families web interface on her Windows computer, and I'll pass on to our developers that you're excited to see 1Password Families support come to Windows just as soon as possible.

If there are any questions or concerns, we're here to help!

ref: 949764

This discussion has been closed.