Can I combine my existing solo a/c email log in and my new family a/c email log in?

Options
guitarschool
guitarschool
Community Member

Hi there, I have just signed up for the Families after having a solo account for over a year and loving it!
I signed up the Family using a different email and so now it appears as if I have 2 x accounts.
Is there a way that these 2 accounts can be combined into 1 account?
Cheers
Mal

1Password Version: 6.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.3
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Mal ( @guitarschool ),

Thanks so much for giving 1Password Families a try! I hope you're loving it. :)

Before we get started, I need to clarify your situation, just to make sure I'm giving you the best advice.

Prior to the release of 1Password Families, 1Password didn't offer accounts. You'd pay for the app and set up your vaults and go off on your merry way. If you've been using 1Password for more than a year now, I assume you're referring to the 1Password apps with vaults that you sync yourself (using Dropbox, iCloud or Wi-Fi) - is this correct? For example, Here's what (part of my) vault list in 1Password looks like:

The vaults circled in orange are my personal vaults: my Primary vault, a shared vault that hasn't yet been converted to Families, and a couple vaults full of test data. Below that is my AgileBits team data. Is this what you mean by 1Password appearing to have two accounts?

If so, we are currently working on a Families-only mode for 1Password so that you can use just your 1Password Families account and not worry about that primary vault. It's not ready quite yet, but I can certainly mention to our developers that you're excited to see this option soon. For now, you'll still unlock 1Password using the Master Password of your primary vault, but you're more than welcome to move all relevant data into your Families vaults, and as a bonus, you can customize All Vaults (in Preferences > All Vaults) to display only your Families vault data, and not the primary vault.

I hope this helps! Of course, if I'm completely misunderstanding your question, please let me know. :)

This discussion has been closed.