I need to delete my 1Password account without using the menubar.

Options
Ramarie
Ramarie
Community Member
edited March 2016 in Families

I forgot my Master Password and can't login -- we haven't finished setting up our account, so would like to delete it and start over. But we want to keep our same team name and info:

Edit Private URL removed by moderator ~thightower

I'm not using the menu bar or any apps, so I'm not sure how to do this? I just created an account through Safari last month, and when I went in to login today to store our passwords, I realised I didn't save the Master Password. Can you help?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:forgot-master-password, kb:master-password-not-accepted, kb:starting-over

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

@Ramarie - I'm going to move this thread to the Families section of the forum, where I think you are more likely to get the help you need. Your reference to team name is what made me think that might be helpful, but it I misunderstand, please post back.

• Ramarie
    Ramarie
    Community Member
    Options

We are an organisation (not a family). Does that make a difference? I'm not really sure where my thread belongs. Thanks!

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

Then I could move it to the Teams beta section. I'm not sure it matters for your issue, so can you confirm that your problem is about 1Password for Teams? I don't want to have your question to get moved to a place that isn't helpful to you.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Ramarie,

I am sorry to hear that you're having trouble getting 1Password for Teams set up! First of all, it's important to note that 1Password for Teams will not lock you out after a certain number of attempts, so if you think you know what your Master Password might be, you're welcome to keep testing options with no penalty.

If there's no hope of remembering the Master Password, please email in to support@1password.com with the email address that you used to set up your account. We'll need to verify a few details before we can delete the account, but it's a conversation best carried out one-on-one. :)

This discussion has been closed.