How to get data from 1password 3.8.21 for MAC to 1password 6.1 on iPhone?

My wife's Mac has her 1Password in Version 3.8.21. She wants to use it on her iPhone in 1Password 6.1.

How can she get the data from the old Mac version to the new iPhone version?

Her MAC is running OS-X 10.9.5 and her iPhone is running iOS 9.2

1Password Version: 3.8.21
Extension Version: 3.9.20
OS Version: OS X 10.9.5
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:how to export data from 1password 3.8.21 to be imported into 1password for iOS 6.1

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@theshovel: 1Password 3 predates iCloud, but you can use Dropbox to sync the data over instead. However, before you do anything, it's best to find out if your wife wants to use 1Password only on the iPhone (and then we can focus on transferring the data over just once), or if she'd like to use it on both the Mac and iPhone, and keep the data in sync between the two.

If she'd prefer the latter, she'll need to upgrade to a newer version of 1Password for Mac to avoid incompatibilities, and it will also make syncing between the two much easier. Otherwise, she could simply use Wi-Fi Sync in the trial version of 1Password for Mac version 4 to transfer the data once and not worry about the Mac after that. Please let me know. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

• theshovel
    theshovel
    Community Member

Thanks, Brenty.

I'll check with her.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @theshovel,

We're here to help you, whichever option you choose. :)

• theshovel
    theshovel
    Community Member

I downloaded 1Password 4 to the Mac, installed it using the instructions in the knowledge base to upgrade from 1Password 3, and it worked fine. Then I reinstalled 1Password for iOS 9 on my wife's iPhone and iPad, and synched them all using iCloud. The 1Password data is identical now on her Mac, iPad and iPhone. Success!

Thank you.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @theshovel,

Whoo hoo! Thanks so much for letting us know that you're all sorted out.

I hope that 1Password behaves perfectly for you from now on, but if you have any other questions or concerns, we're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.