logins to SAME site but with different users and passwords. Uses 1st user info for 2nd user

Auto fills one of the users info when logging in to either of the users

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:logins to SAME site but with different users and passwords. uses 1st user info for 2nd user

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @carlebhardt,

Before we start the troubleshooting process we'll need a few bits of information.

1. What operating system do you use and what version?
    2. What version of 1Password are you running?
    3. How do you sync, is it Dropbox, iCloud or Folder/Wi-Fi Sync?
    4. What is your preferred browser and the version of that browser?
    5. What version of the 1Password extension is installed?

That will give us a base to work from and then we can start to try and figure what is happening :smile:

• carlebhardt
    carlebhardt
    Community Member

MacBook Pro, OS-x 10.11.4 , 1Password v5.1(4+) Safari v9.0.3(11061.4.40)

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

@carlebhardt Could you also let us know the URL of the page where you're signing in and the exact URLs that are saved in the items in question?

Could you also let us know the exact process you're using to log in and what's happening different from what you expect? I'm sorry but I'm just not exactly understanding the behavior you're describing.

• carlebhardt
    carlebhardt
    Community Member

For either user, I go first to website: https://raleighmedicalgroup.followmyhealth.com/Login/Home/Index?authproviders=0&returnArea=PatientAccess#/Index
    Once there I click on "Log IN" then click on the green FMH button
    A login form is presented
    Can Get to this place with either user.
    I can make either user (A or B) be the one whose info is automatically entered.
    But then that users info is also entered for the other user.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

That's very strange, @carlebhardt. Could you let us know the URLs that are stored in the items you've saved for this site in 1Password? This is an important ingredient in matching the logins up with the site you're viewing.

Also, could you try using this site in a private browsing window (File > New Private Window) and see if it behaves better? I'm wondering if the site is storing your username for you for next time and that is maybe causing some confusion.

Let us know what you find. Thanks!

• carlebhardt
    carlebhardt
    Community Member

The iPassword logins for the two users have the same URL (and the only URL) in the 1Password logins
    https://raleighmedicalgroup.followmyhealth.com/Login/Home/Index?authproviders=0&returnArea=PatientAccess#/Index
    If I manually enter one users username and password and login to the site, then that is the user info for the other user login will use to fill in the login form.
    So the last successful login IS being stored somewhere. But it is not at the website, rather it is in my Mac or in 1Password.
    When I use a Safari private browsing window, as you suggest, 1Password WILL NOT fill in the login form for either user.
    This seems to be some sort of a clue that the problem is at my location and not at the website.
    Any Ideas??

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the link, @carlebhardt. I suspect that the site will not try to save the username unless you successfully login, but my suspicion is the site is using cookies to save the username. One way to test this would be to log in and then disable the 1Password extension in Safari > Preferences > Extensions. When you come back to the page, does the site still show your username automatically?

Perhaps a screenshot of this would help us understand better as well. You can send it to us via email at support@agilebits.com. Include your forum username, a link to this thread, and a brief description of the problem so we can connect the dots between the two.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.