default security family

Options
tbroad81
tbroad81
Community Member
edited March 2016 in Families

I'm working on signing up my family (mother-in-law/father-in-law and my parents) to our 1Password Family account. My wife and I would like to share secure information such as data on our kids with them, and they'll want to do the same for us. As we're creating items, whats the easiest way to also share them with the Shared Vault? Or do we have to create duplicates of each to have them shared? I didn't see an apparent answer in the forum, although I could have easily missed it.

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:teams-admin-access-control, kb:teams-families-migrate

Comments

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tbroad81,

Let's say you create a new item and it saves by default to your Personal vault, but you want to share it. You can go ahead and move that item to the Shared vault, which will remove it from your Personal vault and place it into the Shared vault.

You also have the option to copy the item into the Shared vault which will result in the item being in both places, but then if you ever need to change that item you'd have to remember to change it in both places, so it's probably better to just move. Most likely you don't need anything to be in more than one vault, as you can quickly find what you need from the All Vaults view without having to remember which vaults contain which items.

I hope this helps! Please let us know if you have any other questions we can help you with. And thanks for using 1Password with your family! :)

• tbroad81
    tbroad81
    Community Member
    Options

Ah, perfect. Thanks, Vee!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Vee, you are most welcome! It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.