I signed up for 1Password Team in Beta. However, what I would really like is the Family option

Options
BettR
BettR
Community Member

Is it possible to change a Team membership to a Family membership. When I first signed up, all I saw was the Team option in beta. However, I really only wanted to share with my husband so if one of us is incapacitated, there is a fall back plan. Plus we do share site-access and it is nice to have one place where these things are stored.

How do I go about making this change? Or, are the team and family options really just different names for the same service?

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.1 (610005) AgileBits Store
Extension Version: 4.5.5.90
OS Version: OS X 11.4
Sync Type: DropBox
Referrer: forum-search:How to transfer to Family option from Teams beta?

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

@BettR - There is a button in the Administrative Console to click to change from a Teams account to a Families account. Unfortunately, I cannot locate the specific instructions for finding that button, so I hope that pointer is enough to get you on the right track.

Or, are the team and family options really just different names for the same service?

They share technology under the hood, but they aren't the same. The price for Families is $5 per month per family. Teams is sold on a $5 per user per month basis, which is a big difference in expense. Teams has more granular permissions options than Families, but I doubt many couples wanting to share site logins need those. They are of interest to businesses, though. So if you can't find that button, do wait for a more authoritative answer than mine.

• BettR
    BettR
    Community Member
    Options

@hawkmoth - Thank you so much! I found it and it was so easy, I am ashamed I did not find it before.

Looks like we are good to go!

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

Nothing to be ashamed of at all. I think this button is a recent addition, although I'm not sure. (I don't work for AgileBits. I just volunteer here to help other users when I can.)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Indeed, there aren't any big signs pointing to it. We don't want anyone to switch accidentally, but the option is there for those who wish to use it. I'm glad that hawkmoth, ever helpful and humble, was able to point you in the right direction. We're here for you if you need anything else! :)

This discussion has been closed.