Secure note logo, no way to share?

Atari
Atari
Community Member

I just setup multiple shared secure notes in teams, and spent a silly amount of time changing the notepad graphics to the relevant company logos. Disappointed to see they apparently only sit on machine where I created the new logo. Is there anyway to make logos populate? I am tempted to use the notes field of a regular password entry in order to get nice pretty logos on these entries.

If this can't be done, please consider it as a future feature!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Did you add a custom icon to the item?

They should be syncing between the Mac but you won't see them in the web browser. The extra encryption step makes it a bit more challenging to show in the browser.

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member
    edited March 2016

@roustem witch extra encryption step do you mean? Are the icons encrypted separate?

• @ntimo,

Yes. In 1Password for Teams and Families, the custom item icons are encrypted separately and stored similar to Documents. This allows much larger high-quality images.

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member

@roustem nice didn't know that thanks :) What exactly do you mean with larger and high-quality. What is the limit in size?

• Before Teams, the custom icons were stored as a part of the item. Because if that, we had to limit the size of the image (to about 12KB). A lot of different tricks went into limiting the image size, including lossy compression.

• Frenle IT Services
    Frenle IT Services
    Community Member

Sorry so I'm a little confused. Is it possible to get any icon in a secure note syncing, with other members of my team, in the shared vault?

• @Frenle IT Services Every item can have its own icon that is shown beside the title.

I wonder if you meant an image attached to a secure note?

• Frenle IT Services
    Frenle IT Services
    Community Member
    edited March 2016

I guess I'm not explaining myself very clearly

Yes I know this. Here's an example of a secure note where I've changed the image, among secure notes where I did not change it:

That secure note displays as the default notepad icon on my other devices. Similarly it does not show up in the shared vault on other team members' devices/computers. Why not?

• @Frenle IT Services Hmm. Just to clarify, are you using the web interface on those other devices or are you using the apps? The icon should be syncing across the apps, but it will not in the web interface as roustem mentioned in his post above. We've got that on our list. :)

ref: B5-802

This discussion has been closed.