New Apple ID

Options
ladyplumber2
ladyplumber2
Community Member

Purchased 1password when it first came out under my partners apple ID, I believe it was family share. Recent separation has caused me to acquire my own apple ID and now I can't update 1password as the email address and password have been changed. I have a macbook pro running OS X Yosemite with 1password version 6.0.1 purchased through the mac app store.

I recently acquired an instant download of 1password from agilebits.com through a parallels purchase. How do I go about downloading the one from agilebits under my new apple ID and transferring the data from the other 1password without messing anything up? I will also have to change 1password on my iphone(6S) and my iPad model MC979LL/A version 7. 1. 2, if you can advise on that also it will be greatly appreciated.

1Password Version: 6.0.1
Extension Version: 4.5.3
OS Version: OS X 10.10.5
Sync Type: wifi, cloud and computor
Referrer: forum-search:New Apple ID

Comments

• ollifi
    ollifi
    Community Member
    Options

Okay, so you're wanting to move data from 1Password Mac App Store version to the version downloaded from 1Password.com. Then, follow these instructions.

Then close the Mac App Store version, and follow these instructions. I'd recommend using Dropbox sync instead of iCloud (I expect you used iCloud syncing in Mac App Store version), to avoid conflicts with data. After you're done, make sure you've got all the items you need. Then, you can choose either to keep the old Mac App Store version or delete it - I'd recommend the first option, since you can later notice that some data is missing (however, this is unlikely).

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ladyplumber2,

We can definitely help you get your data from the Mac App Store version to the AgileBits Store version of 1Password! In fact, it should actually be even easier than the options ollifi mentioned. Just download 1Password 6 from our download site (if you haven't already done so), move the 1Password 6.app file to the Applications folder, and open it. It will find your existing data from the Mac App Store version and give you the option to choose that.

Once you do that, you should be able to unlock & see all your data in the AgileBits Store version. As long as that works as expected, you can drag the Mac App Store version of 1Password to the Trash (don't use any app cleaning tools when you do that).

Hopefully it all goes well, but we're here for you if you have more questions about that. :)

• ollifi
    ollifi
    Community Member
    Options

@Drew_AG thanks for the suggestion, I didn't even think it'd be so clever :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Drew, you are most welcome! It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

• ladyplumber2
    ladyplumber2
    Community Member
    Options

@Drew_AG Thank you, that worked great for my Mac. So is there an easy way to do the same on my iPhone and my older iPad? Will I have to purchase separately for these devices?

• ladyplumber2
    ladyplumber2
    Community Member
    Options

On my iphone 6S is agilebits version 6.3.1 but it is under my ex-partners email and apple ID. Not sure at the moment what is on the Ipad.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ladyplumber2: 1Password for iOS is a free app with an in-app purchase if you want Pro Features. But the most important thing is to get your Apple ID situation straightened out before you even think about that. If you download the app and make the purchase on the "wrong" Apple ID (i.e. you later switch to another), you'll have to do it again. App Store purchases are non-transferrable, and there is no "AgileBits Store version"; iOS apps can only be sold through the App Store. Let me know where you're at and we'll go from there!

This discussion has been closed.