When localizable strings for Family (web site and app) will be available at Crowdin ?

face
face
Community Member

Hi all,
when we translators will be able to translate all the strings for Family ?
Asap hope :)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @face,

Thanks for always being on top of translations!

At this time, 1Password Families is not available in CrowdIn. We do plan on making it localizable, but because 1Password Families (and 1Password for Teams) is still so new, a lot of things are getting changed, and changed again, on a weekly or even daily basis. I imagine it would be a bit of a nightmare for translators.

I can't say anything with respect to timeline, but I can tell you that we'll make strings available as soon as we can.

• face
    face
    Community Member

Hi @Megan,
    still no strings at Crowdin.
    While i can understand that continue changes not allow you to upload the strings, i cannot understand why words available (in other languages) from day 0 in 1Password are still in English ... For example Logins, Secure Notes, Credit Cards, Identities, Passwords, Documents, Software licenses, and so on.

• Hi @face,

Thanks for the feedback. It will probably not be until after 1Password for Teams is out of beta that we offer any localization for Teams or Families.

While we could offer up the most common strings for translation (the ones very unlikely to change) we don't have the ability to add those localizations to the service, yet.

Ben

• guillaumeserton
    guillaumeserton
    Community Member

@face, Some of them has been released this week in crowding. I have been able to get them translated in French.

• Thanks so much @guillaumeserton! :)

• alvaro87
    alvaro87
    Community Member

I can't see any 1PF string to be translated into Spanish. You, lucky @guillaumeserton :wink:

• guillaumeserton
    guillaumeserton
    Community Member

In fact it was 1PT strings, but i'm pretty sure that they are the same.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

@guillaumeserton is it possible that you are referring to strings about 1Password for Teams in the Mac and iOS apps? That would be separate from the strings on 1Password.com itself.

Maybe that is where the confusion is, @alvaro87. :)

• guillaumeserton
    guillaumeserton
    Community Member

Sorry, I double checked and it was strings for 1Password for Teams in the Android app.

So, Yes, as @face asked, we are waiting the strings for 1Password Family :)
    Sorry for the confusion.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

@guillaumeserton,

No worries! I had to double-check for myself. I thought maybe I missed something. Haha!

• alvaro87
    alvaro87
    Community Member

Ok, thank you.

• :+1: :)

• face
    face
    Community Member

Petition of all we translator: we WANT the strings available at Crowdin to be translated !
    Come on you're out of beta ... :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@face: While we're "done" with building 1Password Teams out of beta, we've only just started the next phase of its growth and improvement. I can't say for certain when, but we will absolutely get it ready to localize. Thanks so much for your passion for this! :)

• face
    face
    Community Member

Hoping not to appear a broken record ...
    Are you aware that 1P for iOS needs only the strings in attach to be completed ?

1P.png 220.2K
  • AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@face: There's definitely a lot more to it than that, and that data comes from the server for 1Password Account vaults so it will need to implemented there for this to work. The good news is that it won't require separate work in each of the apps, since they'll just get the localized names from the server once they're added. I don't have a release date to give, but thanks for the push on this!

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member

@brenty please add my +1 for this I would love to help to translate the web app ;)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Will do! And thank you! The help will be much appreciated when the time comes. :)

• face
    face
    Community Member

any news about that ? It's really annoying continue to use 1Password half in Italian and half in English ...

• Hi @face - I don't have an timeline to provide you with at the moment but we're working on bringing more languages to both the website and the application. We're sorry for the inconvenience this may be causing you and we're working on it. Thank you for reaching out to us and I will make sure to share your feedback with the team.

• face
    face
    Community Member
    edited September 2017

bump ! It's really incredible that nobody take care of adding these few strings to Crowdin ...!
    only. these few strings ... please!!!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@face: There isn't any good it would do to add strings to Crowdin when the server doesn't have these set. I'm sorry that isn't feasible yet. It's something we're working on behind the scenes, and I'll be excited to work on this myself with the community once that it possible though. Thanks for your patience! :)

• face
    face
    Community Member

@brenty
    any news about that long_awaiting_request ?

• Sorry @face, I don’t have any news to share right now.

Ben

• face
    face
    Community Member

BUMP!
    From march 2016 to january 2018: why takes so looooooong to allow the rest of us - all_over_the_world - to have finally a really FULL translated app ... ?
    It's really frustrating to continue to see this part (see pic) still in English ... come one PLEASE !!!
    They're only few words / phrases ...

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member

Se Germans would be interested in this too ;)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Hi @face - thanks for including that image. What you see in it shows exactly where we are right now, which is as follows: 1Password for iOS has indeed been 100% translated, as you can see in the 1Password Crowdin translation page for Italian. That's why the navigation buttons along the bottom of your screenshot are all in Italian, as is the word "search" and the translation for "All Items" - because those are actually part of 1Password for iOS.

What's not yet translated is 1password.com server strings, which is a separate project. We are working to get those translated as quickly as we can into as many languages as we can, concentrating on the highest-usage languages first. If you have only local data in 1Password for iOS, you will experience a fully-translated experience for Italian, but if you have a 1password.com account, viewing vaults in your account (or in All Vaults) will currently still result in English labels for anything that's not part of 1Password for iOS itself.

This discussion has been closed.