I'm using Mac OS X 10.6.8 (10K549), with Safari 5.1 and I just updated 1Password to v3.7.0 I have many problems with the new Safari extension :
1) 1Password 3.7.0 installs a beta version of the extension (3.7.b2)... I Guess that most of the issues I'm facing are due to the fact that the extension is in a beta version, so why is a beta version packaged with a final version of your product, and how to use 1Password with a non-beta extension ?
2) The first time I launch Safari, I get the safe-like prompt of the extension in order to login to my 1Password database. However, when I quit (not close, but really quit) Safari, then reopen it, I do not have to login anymore, and anybody (I mean, especially my children) can access my credit card information without having to login... it's unacceptable. I have the same behavior when quit'ing 1Password and all other browsers.
3) The 1Password extension's contextual menu (right click) is not available anymore with the safari extension... Why ? Common guys ! Now we have to click on the 1P button each time we want to use the extension...
4) Similar to point 3, with the new extension we have to do more clicks and/or mouse moves than before to access many functionality of the extension... For instance the "search and fill", now we have to : move to the 1P button, click on it, click on all logins, and then search, while with the old style extension, we could right-click > click go & fill.
5) the new safari extension is rather ugly : strange white spaces, everything is "too big" (buttons, spaces, size of text...), nothing is resizable... and the usability is kind of poor (yes the original simple contextual menu and prompts were ways more usable that this new UI)
I have to say that the extension still does its job (except for the bug n°2 above), however, it's not tailored for efficient browsing anymore... it became "bling bling" which may be what some of your clients want, but definitively not what I'm looking for.
I hope that those points will be fixed ASAP and that there will be a (optional) way to have a cleaner UI.