Sync data not in browser

Options
Admiraltk
Admiraltk
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I just signed up for a family account and managed to get login data syncing between iPad and Windows desktop app and the Chrome browser extension. However when I log in to my Account online, none of the login data is available (it says I have o logins). How do I get the online account information synced? Also is it possible to have everything synced (including iPad app) automatically without having to use the Desktop app wifi sync function?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:faq, kb:sync-options, kb:teams-faq, kb:dropbox-troubleshooting

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I just signed up for a family account and managed to get login data syncing between iPad and Windows desktop app and the Chrome browser extension. However when I log in to my Account online, none of the login data is available (it says I have o logins). How do I get the online account information synced?

@Admiraltk: Sorry for the confusion! You'll need to use the 1Password for Windows 10 beta app. The 1Password for Windows desktop app does not yet support 1Password for Families.

Also is it possible to have everything synced (including iPad app) automatically without having to use the Desktop app wifi sync function?

Indeed, a key benefit of 1Password for Families is not fiddling with sync settings. Once you login to your 1Password for Families account in 1Password for Windows 10 (or the 1Password for Families website), all your data will be there; no need to sync anything! :)

• Admiraltk
    Admiraltk
    Community Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

None of the created logins were visible or synced in the Windows 10 beta, though I could see the (empty) vaults. The only way I could see to sync logins with the was to open the keychain folder from the old desktop app in the W10 beta. Is this correct?

When I shared the logins from the keychain folder with the vaults that were in the W10 beta they are not saved once I logout and then login next.

The Chrome extension shows the 1Password icons and all my logins are visible and it is syncing with the older desktop app but again, it is not syncing with the W10 beta nor my account data when I login to teh website. And yes, I did click the "+ Joint a Team or Add vaults" and enter my account credentials (the Vaults show but with no logins).

Also, how do you delete a login in the Windows 10 Beta?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

None of the created logins were visible or synced in the Windows 10 beta, though I could see the (empty) vaults. The only way I could see to sync logins with the was to open the keychain folder from the old desktop app in the W10 beta. Is this correct?

@Admiraltk: It sounds like you're describing an issue that was addressed in an update. Open the Windows Store and make sure update to the latest version there and let me know if that helps.

When I shared the logins from the keychain folder with the vaults that were in the W10 beta they are not saved once I logout and then login next.

I'm not sure I understand what you're describing here. Can you tell me the exact steps you're taking and what's happening?

The Chrome extension shows the 1Password icons and all my logins are visible and it is syncing with the older desktop app but again, it is not syncing with the W10 beta nor my account data when I login to teh website. And yes, I did click the "+ Joint a Team or Add vaults" and enter my account credentials (the Vaults show but with no logins).

Correct. The browser extensions work only with the 1Password for Windows desktop app. And you will only have data in your new 1Password for Families vaults if you copy/move it there. You can do this in the 1Password for Windows 10 beta app by clicking Select and then Share at the top.

Also, how do you delete a login in the Windows 10 Beta?

Just Edit it and then Move to Trash. :)

• Admiraltk
    Admiraltk
    Community Member
    Options

(1) I downloaded it from your site yesterday (Version 2016.3.2601). As I said, none of the vaults show any logins, even when I select "+ Joint a Team or Add vaults" and use my account credentials
    (2) The only way to get the logins into W10Beta was to open the keychain folder (select + Join Team or Add Vaults -> add folders) created by the old Windows app. I can then import or "share" from this key chain folder to my W10Beta app vaults, but the logins are not saved if I close the W10 beta then reopen it.
    (3) There are no logins visible in the W10Beta app that I can click on to share (unless I go through the procedure outlined in (2). I can see the logins from the browser - why arn't they visible from the W10Beta without importing from keychain folder created by old Windows app?
    (4) If the browser extension doesnt work with the "families" version, what is the procedure for capturing logins when browsing - this is not clear in the documentation.?
    (5) Even when I import the logins from the keychain folder, and Select them, the edit button is greyed out and cant be used so I can't edit them and move them to trash.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Admiraltk,

I've moved your thread to our Windows 10 Beta forum, so our Windows 10 team can help you quickly, your issues are not normal.

Can you log back into your Families account in the Windows 10 app and even though it may not show anything, can you send us your logs? Here's how, click on Settings on the bottom left, select Help and then on top, click on Send Crash Report to select Send activity logs for last 3 days and email it to us.

(4) If the browser extension doesnt work with the "families" version, what is the procedure for capturing logins when browsing - this is not clear in the documentation.?

At the moment, you would have to create new Login items manually in the Windows 10 app. After that, you can then click on Browse on the bottom of the said Login item to open 1Browser to fill your data in or you can copy/paste from the app to your preferred browser.

We're working as fast as we can to get the browser extension support done for the Windows 10 Beta app but it may take some time.

(5) Even when I import the logins from the keychain folder, and Select them, the edit button is greyed out and cant be used so I can't edit them and move them to trash.

Right now, the Windows 10 app does not support editing the local vaults just yet, only supports the Families / Teams vaults for now. We will bring support for this in a future beta update.

• Admiraltk
    Admiraltk
    Community Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

I did as you said regarding sending the crash report, however it only generated a blank email. There was no activity data in it.

It is a shame that it is not possible to import and save the local vault data into the W10 beta. This would seem to be a decent workaround until you have the plugin sorted.

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Admiraltk there is a Windows bug when adding attachments outside of the Outlook, Firebird, and other desktop mail clients. You can use the Windows 10 Mail to automatically add email attachments when sending us logs, or you can go to "settings > help > more" and click "save activity log". You can then attach this file from the mail client.

It is a shame that it is not possible to import and save the local vault data into the W10 beta. This would seem to be a decent workaround until you have the plugin sorted.

I'm not sure what you mean by import and save. The Beta does allow you to add any .agilekeychain / .opvault and you can use Dropbox, OneDrive, local folder to add them. But, if have misunderstood your comment, please help me to better understand :)

This discussion has been closed.