Billing question (10 $ Bonus & tax)

Options
2»

Comments

• gnarreb
    gnarreb
    Community Member
    Options

I got confirmed 8of8 and then clicked on the conquered quests. Didn't see a button for eMail though. I will eMail support@1password.com.

Thank you
    Thomas

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Great! We'll get back to you shortly. :chuffed:

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

I have been informed that I will (only) see the $5 credit (for completing the quest) after I have added my credit card details.

• rr0ss0rr
    rr0ss0rr
    Community Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

@brenty .. I just checked my billing and do not see the quest bonus .. I did receive the email on 03-26 that my quest was complete .. I sent an email to support.

Thanks

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

@brenty I didn't got it too :( I will send an email.
    Edit: There is the ticket id [#MYE-23798-559]

• I just wanted to mention that the credit is currently shown only after the credit card is added. We are working to make it easier to see the credit.

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member
    Options

@roustem I have my credit card added. Since some time now ;)

• rr0ss0rr
    rr0ss0rr
    Community Member
    Options

Same with me

• Jacob
    Options

Thanks for emailing in @ntimo. Looks like we got things sorted out via email. :) @rr0ss0rr Could you send us an email as well at support@1password.com? We'll look into what happened with that credit.

• rr0ss0rr
    rr0ss0rr
    Community Member
    Options

@penderworth. Looks like I'm all set. Thanks

• Ben
    Options

Excellent. Thanks!

Ben

• gnarreb
    gnarreb
    Community Member
    Options

Great for all of you! :) :)

I myself feel a little bit unhappy about the way this has been going. :( Not for the 5.—$ but for the way this has been handled. More than 10 mails back and forth, going in circles. Support giving different answers along the way.

I did send eMail to support@1password.com as instructed here. About not seeing the 5$ Klick or Mail.

• Support answers:“……Our early sign-up incentives only apply to 1Password Families. You have a 1Password for Teams account…..“.
    • Me: „Yes I Would like to change to Family. So far there was no option for me until Dave’s mail end of last week“.
    • Me: „Just changed from my teams beta to the family account. Everything went smoothly. Only thing: I did not receive the 5.—$ credit for the quests.   …I guess I should have waited completing the quest until I moved to the family plan.“
    • Support:** „Can you remind me where you saw the Quests incentive for USD$5.00 credit“
    • Me: „yes, I did see the early adapter peeks. The email from Sara Sara & Dave "Secure your Family with 1Password for Teams“ on January 19 got my attention. So I started right way with testing. I joined the teams beta on January 20.  I did see the quests all along, but honestly never paid any attention to a bonus… On February 20 Dave announced 1Password for Families. I was hooked to join, but could not switch until a couple of days ago. In the meanwhile I finished the quest 100% and then saw all the discussions about it in the forum. So I never had a chance to compete for the 5 $?“
    • Support: „If you completed the quests, you would have seen a button to click which would send an email. You'd then get an auto-response congratulating you. About a week or so ago, these credits were applied to everyone who completed the quests and clicked the button.“ …
    • Didn’t he say in the beginning this would not show from the teams beta page?
    • Me: „I do not recall seeing that button and might have missed klicking it. Again: I could not move to family before end of last week and had finished the quest in teams beta. In family the quest still shows complete, but no button.“
      …..So I never had a chance to compete for the 5 $?“

• Support: „You would have seen these on your Teams account if that where you completed the quests.“ …“Did you see a button in Teams? …. When did you complete the quests?“

• —>> I cannot follow him anymore.
    • Me: **„No“
    • Support: „Well, I've run out of options, I'm afraid. I'm sorry. If there's anything else I can do for you, please let me know.“
    • ** —>> I’d prefer no more of such service.**

## Was I the only one starting with the wrong foot here?

• gnarreb
    gnarreb
    Community Member
    Options

:) Thank you for the credit!

• @gnarreb I am sorry about the trouble you had to go through.

It is really my fault because we weren't ready for creating rewards automatically. I thought that until the code is completed we could process the rewards manually. The entire process ended up being confusing for our team and our customers.

I believe that I fixed the issue in your account, please let me know.

• gnarreb
    gnarreb
    Community Member
    Options

@roustem Thanks for your kind words. Credit received.
    Again: the money was not really my point here. I still like 1Password and have now even mastered to install it on Windows 10 running on my Mac in a VMWare Fusion machine. It is looking kind of "ugly" compared with the Apple world. :-)
    Keep up the good work!
    Thomas

• Thank you for your support, Thomas!

• Smudge
    Smudge
    Community Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

I'm having a problem with the Quest Reward system too. I signed up a few days ago for the Families plan and completed the 8 quests but never saw a button to get an email for the reward.

Would it be possible for someone to manually add the reward credit to my account?

The setup and quests were all done using Chrome. Since there is a possibility of browser compatibility, I just signed into my account using Safari. It showed only 7 of 8 quests completed!? The incomplete quest was for the emergency kit which I know I completed because I have the PDF.

Here are screenshots of my quest list as seen at the same time from Chrome and Safari. I downloaded the PDF again using Safari and now it shows all 8 quests are complete but still no button to claim the reward.

• Ben
    Options

Unfortunately we are no longer offering quest rewards. The program was terminated shortly after everyone who had already submitted quest completion messages was awarded the credit (so, around the April 7th timeframe).

It is possible that we'll bring this program back in the future, but unfortunately for now we found it was a very manual process to process the emails and add the credit. Our small team of folks who has that ability was totally saturated with it. We need those folks to be able to focus on other tasks.

Ben

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

Can you please remove the quest completion panel then?

(I find it distracting anyway)

• dszp
    dszp
    Community Member
    Options

I noticed and forgot to mention in another bug report post I made that when I log in with Chrome it shows me all quests have been completed. However, when I log in with Firefox (for the first time) to the same account, it shows me that I still have the Emergency Kit Save quest to complete still. I know there are no further rewards available but it's still a bug to show it as uncompleted when I have in fact completed it, and the other 7 show up as completed properly. Consider this my bug report, because it sounds like @Smudge is having the exact same issue when reading their post above, though my issue is with Firefox as the secondary browser.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited April 2016
    Options

We do have an issue open to improve the quests/completed quests display (B5-992), @XIII.

@dszp , thanks for the report. I'm investigating this now.

Ben

ref: B5-992

• Ben
    Options

@dszp,

I've just signed into three different 1Password accounts using Firefox, and do not see the quest to save the Emergency Kit as uncompleted on any of them. For at least one of them I would've used Safari to save the kit, and for the others I think I used Chrome... Does re-saving the kit using Firefox mark the quest as completed for you?

Ben

• rob
    Options

Yes, the Emergency Kit quest is currently marked as completed in the browser storage, so it won't show up as completed in another browser. We plan to change that when we get a chance.

• Hey @Smudge

As @bwoodruff mentioned, the quest reward program ran for awhile but has since ended, so the button to claim the reward no longer exists. However, I have gone ahead and manually added the Quest Reward bonus to your account. You should see that show up shortly. Thanks for taking the time to complete all of those Quests, I hope that they helped you better understand how to use your Family account. :)

• Smudge
    Smudge
    Community Member
    Options

@Jeff Shiner Oh thank you. That is very kind of you. I didn't know the Quest Reward offer was over or else I wouldn't have bothered asking.

As XIII mentioned, could you have the system hide the quest stuff from the main page once it has been completed? Once it is done, it is annoying to have it there.

• Ben
    Options

@Smudge,

On behalf of Jeff you are very welcome.

We do have an issue open to improve the quests/completed quests display.

Ben

ref: B5-992

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

It seems like I did not get 3x $5 credit, but 3x ($5 + local tax) instead, so I did have the 3 free months as I initially expected. Thanks!

• Ben
    Options

You're very welcome, @XIII! Thanks for letting us know.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.