Related Items placement on page

Options
iamecho
iamecho
Community Member
edited March 2016 in Families

Here's an odd one, and this is only applicable to viewing on an iOS device.

Attachments have always shown up at the bottom of whatever category I added them to - see image:

Now them are bumped up to the first thing you see - see image:

Is there a way to move related items to the bottom of the entry as they used to be in the standalone app?

1Password Version: 6.1
Extension Version: 6.3.1
OS Version: 10.11.4
Sync Type: AgileBits

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @iamecho,

I've just been playing around with this. Under the hood the "related items" section is just a custom section (much like your "Next Vaccinations" section). At the moment we do not have the ability to re-order these on iOS. The items within a section can be re-ordered, but the sections themselves cannot. That is something we can look into for the future.

Ben

• iamecho
    iamecho
    Community Member
    Options

@bwoodruff What's interesting to me Ben is that I think items created in the standalone app put the "related items" at the bottom, but once moving over to Families, they are put at the top. I have numerous items showing on my iOS devices with the attachments at the bottom, but it's entirely possible those were created when I was just on 1P. The ones I created yesterday (now on Families) are the ones hanging at the top. Can you confirm this to be true on your setup?

• Ben
    Options

@iamecho,

Yes, that does appear to be how it works for me as well, and I believe I have an explanation. It seems that when moving an item with an attachment from a local vault to a Families vault the conversion process processes the attachment first, before other sections. So it then appears above them. When adding a link to another item after the item has been created this adds to the bottom (just as creating a new section now would).

Of course this is happening in 1Password for Mac, since 1Password for iOS cannot create attachments/documents at this point.

Thanks.

Ben

• iamecho
    iamecho
    Community Member
    Options

@bwoodruff FWIW, I just created a secure note and filled it with some text. Then saved it. Then edited it and added an attachment. The attachment is still at the top. I tried adding a link and it still went to the top. So I don't think there is a way to have attachments sit at the bottom any more. #Firstworldproblem.

• Ben
    Options

@iamecho Attachments or documents? :)

• iamecho
    iamecho
    Community Member
    Options

@bwoodruff Well, I tried doing it both ways. I deleted the documents from Families and started fresh by adding attachments from my computer. LOL. Does that make sense? All roads lead to having attachments / documents at the top of my iOS devices unless they were down and transferred over from 1P.

• Ben
    Options

Gotcha. :) Yes, that does seem to be how it is working for me as well. The only exception seems to be on Mac if I add a link to a Document after the fact it does appear at the bottom. On iOS the "Related Items" section appears in alphabetical order for me in this case. For this particular item it appears between my "Recovery Key" section and my "Security Q&A" section.

Ben

• iamecho
    iamecho
    Community Member
    Options

@bwoodruff Ok Ben, thanks for troubleshooting this with me .. I'll keep an eye on changelogs!

• Ben
    Options

No problem :)

Ben

• Ben
    Options

@iamecho From the 6.4b3 release notes:

[IMPROVED] 1Password for Teams and Family items now show their Related Items section consistently with Mac and are not removable.

So, fingers crossed. :)

• iamecho
    iamecho
    Community Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

@bwoodruff That's great news Ben .. thanks so much for sharing!! BTW, are those beta change logs available for viewing or just in house?

• Ben
    Options

They are normally available here:

https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPI4

Please be sure to check the "show betas" box. That said I did not that 6.4b3 doesn't show up there yet. I'm not sure if that is because there is a delay, or if there is a problem, so I'll forward that note along to our dev team to see. :)

Ben

• iamecho
    iamecho
    Community Member
    Options

@bwoodruff Bookmarked! (Side note: you work entirely too many hours, but I appreciate the help always.) ;)

• Ben
    Options

Bookmarked!

Great! And the b3 notes should be up now. Apparently publishing them is a manual process, and it just hadn't happened yet.

you work entirely too many hours

Nah. Maybe if I didn't love what I do. But I do. :smile:

but I appreciate the help always.

You're most welcome!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.