How do i share a login info convenient to my friend?

Options

:)
Sorry for my broken english , i often share some login info for my friend , but i can't find a easy way to do it .
I notice "Share" item will open email app and fill some text like "onepassword://share/1?d=U2FsdGVkX18wRjE1QkY3Qhb"
but unlucky i don't know how to use it , i have try to open it on browser but it not work.
so now i have to copy username ,copy password one by one to paste it to my friend …… :'(

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: 4.5.5.90
OS Version: 6.2.9200
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• LauraR
    Options

Hi @willxiang - if you are sharing a number of 1Password items with your friend you might want to consider creating a second vault containing just those items you want to share. If you create the vault in your Dropbox folder you can then share the 1Password folder in your Dropbox folder with your friend's Dropbox account. This way you can both view and edit the 1Password records and not have to re-share them if anything changes. You can read more about this here. Please let us know if you have any further questions on this.

• willxiang
    willxiang
    Community Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

Hi @LauraR
    Thanks for you reply :)
    For some reason i can't use Dropbox share vault for my friend...
    And probably my friend are not use 1Password, so i just want know how can i share my username and password handy except one by one copy and paste.
    I notice the 1Password for ios can send a login info like this format:

google.com
    username:xxxx
    password:xxxx

So can i share login info like that on Windows?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

So can i share login info like that on Windows?

@willxiang: No. On iOS and OS X we can use AirDrop to transmit data securely, but this is not available on Windows. A few options you can consider would be to create a new vault with a Master Password intended specifically for your friend, and then email the vault to them with the item(s) you'd like to share. Alternatively you could use GPG or another secure method to send the data directly (which may be worth setting up if you'll be sending data back and forth regularly), and then they won't need to have 1Password to access it. I hope this helps!

• willxiang
    willxiang
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty Thanks~ I got it.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Any time! be sure to let us know if you have any other questions. We're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.