My iphone isn't working so I need to restore it. Will I lose all of my passwords when I do this?

Options
laurascott511
laurascott511
Community Member
edited March 2016 in iOS

I need to restore my iPhone. If I restore it, will I lose all of my passwords saved in 1password?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:My phonon isn't working so I need to restore it. Will I lose all of my passwords when I do this?

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @laurascott511,

Thank you for taking the time to ask about that before restoring your iPhone - I'm glad you're thinking ahead about your 1Password data! Since your question is about 1Password on your iPhone, I've moved your post to our iOS forum. I hope you don't mind!

Although an iTunes or iCloud backup of your iPhone should include your 1Password data, we don't recommend relying on that, as we've seen cases where that didn't work as expected. Instead, you'll want to make sure you have your 1Password data backed up somewhere else before erasing/restoring your iPhone.

Do you use 1Password on any other devices? If so, and you have all your latest data in 1Password on those other devices, that could be considered a backup, as you'll be able to sync your data from other devices back to your iPhone after the restore. However, you should also create a separate backup file that you save to a computer, just in case you need it. You can never have too many backups! ;) We explain how to do that here: Creating and restoring 1Password backups in iTunes (iOS)

I hope that helps, but if you have more questions, please let us know. We're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.