updated via app store and it still crashes

1 Password 3.8.22 keeps crashing. I updated it via the itunes app store as per the instructions and it is still on the old version. Am I missing something? Do I have to uninstall the old version first?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: ug:mac/quick-start, ug:mac/, ug:mac/quick-start, kb:upgrade-mac, kb:lost-license

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Mark_Thorn,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulty with 1Password! Unfortunately, I'm going to need a bit more information here in order to determine where things are getting tangled up, as I'm not sure I quite understand the situation.

I did take a look in our back office records and it appears that you recently purchased a license for 1Password, which means if your operating system supports it, you could be using 1Password 6 instead of version 3. Please note that the license that you purchased is for the version of 1Password that is downloadable from our website. This is different than an app purchased via the Mac App Store, which would be downloaded via the App Store app.

Could you let me know what version of OS X you're using? To get the details on your operating system, click the apple icon in your menu bar and select 'About this Mac'.

I'd also like to know a bit more about the crash that you're seeing. Do you see any error messages, or could you tell me a bit more about what you're doing immediately before the app crashes?

ref: 970117

This discussion has been closed.