How do I download 1password 5?

Options
davidolesch
davidolesch
Community Member

I own 1password 5 but had to do a restore of my mac. I can only find 1password 6 downloads but want to keep using 1password 5.

1Password Version: 5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.3
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb-search:old version, kb:add-license

Comments

• rudy
    Options

Hi davidolesch,

Thanks for contacting us about 1Password 5.

Is there a reason you want to stick with 1Password 5? 1Password 6 has the same system requirements as 1Password 5 and uses the same license, so there is no cost to you to update. Its also worth noting that 1Password 5 won't be receiving any further security updates. 1Password 6 is really a better option going forward.

Rudy Richter
    1Password for Mac Developer

• Kino
    Kino
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same question. I upgraded to 1Password 5 awhile ago and I would like to continue with that for now since I've already paid for it. How can I download 1P 5?

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Kino,

Given that you've paid for 1Password 5, 1Password 6 is completely free for you! It has everything 1Password 5 had, plus many new things. I'd recommend you to give it a shot. :chuffed:

• Kino
    Kino
    Community Member
    Options

I entered my license key for 1Password 5 online and it indicated I had to pay for a license key for 1Password 6. I found a link elsewhere to resend all my keys and a note at the bottom indicated the key was valid for 1P 6.

Thanks, Pilar!

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Kino I'm glad to hear it helped you and that you're enjoying 1Password 6 now! :chuffed:

• rudy
    Options

Hi @Kino,

Let us know if you have any other questions, and have a good weekend! :)

Rudy

• Jterrell
    Jterrell
    Community Member
    Options

I need to download 1password 4 or 5 so that I can move my old vault to 1password 6.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Jterrell,

Can you give us a few more details about what version you're currently using on your Mac? 1Password 6 for Mac works with the same SQLite database, backup files, and sync file formats that versions 4 and 5 for Mac used, so it shouldn't be necessary to download an older version first. Even if you're currently using 1Password 3 for Mac, getting your data from there to version 6 works the same way as it did for versions 4 and 5.

If you can let us know more about what version you're currently using and/or what sort of file you have that contains your 1Password data, we'll be able to let you know the best way to migrate it into 1Password 6 on your Mac. Thanks! :)

• AlasGuinns
    AlasGuinns
    Community Member
    Options

1Pv5 on my MBP became corrupted, so I downloaded v6 from the website. However, I cannot synch via iCloud because there is no Synch icon in Preferences. I created a 1P account, but after watching the video on how to move items from existing vaults, it doesn't appear to apply.

How do I migrate my existing 1Password.agile.keychain to v6?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@AlasGuinns: If you setup 1Password with an account for the subscription service, there are no sync settings — all of that is automatic.

If you'd prefer to use iCloud and sync your own data, please go to 1Password for Mac Help > Troubleshooting > Reset All 1Password Data. This will allow you to start over, where you can choose "use without an account". If you'd like to use iCloud to sync a local vault between devices, you can only do so between Apple devices though.

iCloud sync setup

However, you may want to consider a 1Password subscription, since it will give you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and do away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data:

1Password.com

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• AlasGuinns
    AlasGuinns
    Community Member
    Options

Brenty, thank you very much for your quick reply.

The root of all evil as we know it was down to enabling Local Vaults in Advanced Preferences. Since this wasn't checked, Synch option didn't appear (unless I missed it, the instructional video on Synching did not mention this).

From Heather, who provided outstanding customer support:

• From the menu bar, go to 1Password > Preferences > Advanced.
    • At the bottom, enable the Local Vaults option and enter your Master Password when prompted (this will create a Primary vault in your account).
    • Still in the Preferences window, click on the Backup tab that now appears.
    • You should see a list of all your local backups; click on the most recent and the Restore button to confirm.

That made the Synch option available, and completely restored normal functionality.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear that Heather was able to help. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're here for you! :)

• Happiegolucky
    Happiegolucky
    Community Member
    Options

After much searching I found you can download any version of 1password above v4.0.1 and higher from the release notes page.
    https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPM4

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Indeed, we've got archived release notes and downloads for most versions of 1Password at the main update site as well. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.