Import Data in different "cards"

Hello, actually i'm trying to import data by a csv file. It works fine so far but i'm not able to import the single csv files in different "card types" like email or login type.
I always be able to import in a "login" type.
What i'm doing wrong?
Rg

Paul

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb-search:import, kb:import, kb:create-csv-files, kb:import, kb:create-csv-files

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@defcon44,

CSV imports on Windows only import into the Login category.

Where did your data come from?

• defcon44
    defcon44
    Community Member

Hello,
    I need to Import from an older safe wallet version and arrange this csv by myself. I tried the import tool but that not work with my safe wallet version. Thats not a good information. Is it a windows version restriction. Is it possible to import it differently in another plattform

Thanks in advance

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

Hi @defcon44,

I wonder what the issue is with your version. I tested SafeWallet versions 2.4.1.2 and 3.0.7. Was yours even older than that?

• defcon44
    defcon44
    Community Member

2.4.2.5. Could you provide me with a short summary how you did this

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited March 2016

@defcon44,

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean? How I tested?

You shouldn't be using CSV if you are using the safewallet converter, but should export as XML as per the README:

● SafeWallet

Launch SafeWallet, and export its database to an XML file. On OS X, use the File > Export... menu. Select the XML tab, and click Export. On Windows, use the File > Export Wallet menu, select the Export to XML file button, and click Next. Click the Browse button.

Navigate to your Desktop folder, and save the file with the name pm_export.txt to your Desktop. On Windows, click the Finish button and press OK when the successful export dialog appears. You may now quit SafeWallet.

This discussion has been closed.