I am unable to sign in to my account.

jordanveverica
jordanveverica
Community Member

Though I have my domain, account key and username/password credentials, I am still being alerted that either my email and/or account key are incorrect. Could you please provide assistance?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:teams-troubleshooting-signin

Comments

• Hi @jordanveverica,

Thanks for taking the time to write in! While we cannot help restore your account ourselves, we can point you to our support guide which explains how to go through this process. Please note that even Owners cannot recover their own accounts. Another Owner on your account will need to initiate this process for you:

1Password for Teams Admin Guide: Account Recovery

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• maxadam
    maxadam
    Community Member

I have the same problem, but I am sure that I am entering the correct Account key, email address, URL and master password. I have confirmed this with the Emergency Kit and I had saved the login in my 1Password vault.

I was looking at this page:
    https://support.1password.com/teams-troubleshooting-signin/

I am not mixing up keys or passwords or email addresses or URLs .. I only have the one domain and as I say I had saved it all in 1Password vault as well as printed it out. So this does not apply:

"Why am I being asked for the wrong Account Key?
    If the Account Key doesn’t match the one in your Emergency Kit, it could mean one of two things:

Your email and/or Team domain are not correct
    You recovered your account at some point and are still using an older Emergency Kit

I was just starting to set up the family team account, and hadn't started using it at all, so there are no other owners on the account. Also this makes me worried that I will put in a ton of work and load up all my family's info only to have it blow up like this again some day. I can start trying to create another domain, but I would really rather use the name that I already chose. Can you delete my first try?

--max
    Been using 1Password since 2010 Version 3

Currently:
    1Password Version: 6
    Extension Version: 4.5.5.90
    OS Version: OSX 10.10.5
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @maxadam,

Can you email us please from the email address used to create the family account and email us at support@1password.com. As I hope you can understand, these sorts of requests have to be handled very carefully. A brief explanation, maybe a copy and paste of what you wrote above with a link to this thread will bring the person who responds to your email up to speed and they may be able to suggest something that avoids the need to delete the account but if not will work with you to get things tidied up.

• maxadam
    maxadam
    Community Member

Hey, I it was my fault. A typo in my account name. Sorry for the trouble. and thanks for the response, littlebobbytables.

• Ah, no problem at all then! Glad you got things sorted out @maxadam. :) Let us know if you have any other issues or questions.

This discussion has been closed.