I love this product. I would love it more if I could change it. :)

Options
crc33
crc33
Community Member
edited July 2017 in Lounge

Figure if we don't ask, you won't know.

• Native Linux client -- going back and forth between 1Password and KeePass (not to smear Keepass) is enough to drive anyone crazy
  • Box.com support -- my employer, a municipal government, blocks dropbox.com for legal (has to do with the agreement) and security reasons (they don't trust application-layer security) which makes Windows at Work + iOS device + Mac at home (Linux at home) a battle of thumb drives, naming conventions and comparisons on a daily basis that make me grumpy
  • OR * iCloud Windows Support
  • Keep being awesome

I understand if I'm not part of a large market. But there you have it. My wish list.

AgileBits Update, 6-Jul-2017:

Hello everyone! We've started beta testing a new addition to our 1Password family: a brand new Chrome extension made especially for our Linux and Chrome OS users! To learn about how you can be invited to this private beta testing, please see this announcement:

A Present for Chrome OS and Linux Users

Cheers! :smile:

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I love this product. I would love it more if there were a native Linux client; Ubuntu please

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @crc33 ,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write in with your suggestions! I'll admit, the last suggestion is my favourite: "keep being awesome". That one I think we can promise!

As to your other requests, well, we certainly don't want to make you grumpy! I'm happy to pass along your feature requests to our team (I'm sure it won't surprise you, but you're not the first person to ever desire a 1Password Linux client ;) ). I am curious though, have you taken a peek at 1Password for Teams or 1Password Families? For a user such as yourself who would like to access your data on Linux, the new 1Password account might be a solution for you.

1Password for Teams is still in the final stages of beta testing, but we recently released pricing information for 1Password Families, and (although I'm clearly biased) I think it's an awesome way to securely share data with those you care about. There is a bit of a caveat though: 1Password for Windows is not yet equipped to handle Teams and Families data. Our development team is working to rectify this as soon as possible, but for the time being, your access to your Teams or Families account would be via a web browser for your work machine.

I know it's not quite the perfect solution for you (yet!) but I wanted to be sure you knew that we're working on some great new things that will hopefully bring a smile to your face. :)

• crc33
    crc33
    Community Member
    Options

Megan -- thanks for these suggestions ... I hadn't given those products a shot yet. It sounds to me like 1Password for Families with Windows support would be a good direction for me since I have a family and they use windows. I know it's hard to prioritize platform support in the technological wild west we currently live in -- I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@crc33: Indeed, and I wish that we could say unequivocally that 1Password Families was a perfect fit for you today. We're working hard on getting it ready on Windows too, so we'll have better news in the future.

That said, definitely sign up now. We do have 1Password Families support in the 1Password for Windows 10 beta app, so if that's what you're using we're almost there.

But more importantly, even if you want to wait for the 1Password for Windows desktop app to support 1Password Families before you subscribe (perfectly understandable), signing up now gets you some early adopter bonuses that you can keep forever (extra users and storage). You'll also be among the first to know about big releases (such as Windows). And in the mean time, 1Password Families has a web interface you could use on computers in lieu of a native app (such as Windows and Linux). Just something to consider.

Regarding iCloud on Windows, while we don't have a codebase to leverage there (either Apple's CloudKit, or using their newer CloudKitJS API) that may change in time. It's been great on iOS and OS X since they revamped it, and it would really be cool to be able to have other platforms join the party!

Thanks for taking the time to share your wishlist with us! Without feedback like this, we may not be always be aware of what people are looking for — or how it might fit into a real-world workflow. And I promise we'll keep striving to deserve you and the rest of our awesome customers! :love:

This discussion has been closed.