"Save New Login" does nothing on a monthly contest page

Ward
Ward
Community Member
edited March 2016 in 1Password in the Browser

I thought I could use 1Password to fill in the monthly contest page at the Think Local Pepperell site:

http://www.thinklocalpepperell.com/enter-contest.html

But when I request "Save New Login" from my Safari 9.1 toolbar, nothing happens.

1Password Version: 6.1
Extension Version: 4.5.4
OS Version: OS X 10.10.5
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:save new login does nothing

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

Hi, @Ward. Sorry for the trouble, but the reason this doesn't work right now is because the page does not have a <form> element wrapping those fields. This isn't obvious as there's no visual distinction between a form that does and a form that does not. This is something we are discussing how to handle internally because you're right, it does seem that this should be saved for you. I don't have a timeframe to share for when it might be better, but it's something I'm actively looking into.

• Ward
    Ward
    Community Member
    edited March 2016

I should have mentioned in my original post that 1Password Identities did a helpful job of filling in the NAME, EMAIL and ADDRESS fields of the quasi-form.

And when I clicked my street address, Safari 9.1 displayed a "Powered by Google" menu offering alternative cities and states (including the correct one for me).

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

Thanks, @Ward. Glad the identity is working for you. That matched my experience as well and was going to be my next suggestion. :)

This discussion has been closed.