Problem with filling third field on webpage

Options
the_jazzman17
the_jazzman17
Community Member

Hi,

I've been searching the forums and haven't been able to find a solution to this problem yet. It seems that other users are experiencing the issue, but I haven't found an actual solution.

A certain webpage I login to requires 3 fields to be filled: "Username", "Institution", and "Password". All 3 fields are on the same page. Previously, when using the 1Password extension for Chrome, this worked fine. I'd click the login, it would fill all 3 fields and I'd be able to login fine (I had manually created this login so that all 3 fields would fill).

Now this no longer works. When I click the login in the extension, it fills the "Institution" field with my username, and the "Password" field with my password. I've tried updating the login manually, I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the browser extension, etc.

I'm using a Mac with OS X 10.11.4 El Capitan, with Google Chrome Version 49.0.2623.87, and 1Password Extension Version 4.5.5.90.

Thanks for your help!

Ty

1Password Version: 6.1
Extension Version: 4.5.5.90
OS Version: OS X 10.11.4
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:issue filling

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@the_jazzman17 when you say:

I've tried updating the login manually,

I'm not quite sure what you've done. However, the usual solution for problems like this is to re-create and save the login manually. Have you tried that exact procedure?

Stephen

• the_jazzman17
    the_jazzman17
    Community Member
    Options

I was referring to the procedure you linked to, but instead of saving a new login, choosing "Update Existing." However, now that you pointed out to delete and recreate the login, it is now filling all fields properly. However, it now does not auto-submit the login after filling; I have to actually click on the "Login" button on the webpage.

In any case, thank you for the help. Completely deleting the login and recreating it from scratch seems to have done the trick.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @the_jazzman17,

I'm glad to hear that Stephen's tricked helped you get everything working smoothly! This is a good tip to keep in your back pocket, as saving a new Login manually will often fix misbehaving items.

I hope that 1Password behaves perfectly for you from now on, but if you have any other questions or concerns, we're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.