Extension Version: 4.5.5
OS Version: 10.11.4
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @gn8,

LinkedIn is a bit of a challenging site. Their landing page gives you both the option to sign up and to sign in, which is often a bit confusing to password managers, particularly if those fields have the same name within the site's code. If there are two fields named 'username' and 'password' for example, you as a viewer can differentiate which one is for signing up and which one is for signing in, but 1Password can't.

Luckily, I was able to find an alternate sign in page for LinkedIn which is much simpler. If you use

https://www.linkedin.com/uas/login?goback=&trk=hb_signin

in your Login item, 1Password should be able to open the URL and sign you in with no trouble. I've just tested with my own account, and it works smoothly here, I'm hoping it solves your problem as well.

If you have any further questions, please let us know - we're here for you!

• gn8
    gn8
    Community Member

Thank you, Megan, but doesn't work, tried one minute ago. Manually copy and paste doesn't work too. Same procedure as in that video. Maybe Safari makes the problem?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @gn8,

Can we try a quick experiment please. Can you try disabling all your other Safari extensions except for ours and once you've done so restart Safari just to air on the side of caution. Having done this do you find that 1Password can fill or at least that copy and paste works?

Like Megan I find I can fill so it would seem that we're looking at a difference between how we have Safari set up and how you do. That's why I'm wondering if we're looking at an interaction from one of the other extensions.

Just to say, I've moved your post to our Saving and Filling in Browsers section of our forums given the issue you're experiencing. Given Megan and I can fill it should just be a case of finding the cause and you too can fill :smile:

• gn8
    gn8
    Community Member

I did. De-activate all extensions (only 1password left) and it worked fine. After that I re-activated all extensions and it still works fine. [extensions: Evernote Web Clipper 6.6, Clip to DEVONthink 1.2.6, Add-on to de-activate google analytics 0.9.4 beta, Save to Pocket 1.9.19, AdBlock 2.5.4, Ghostery 5.4.10 only to keep you informed]. Thank you for your hint, next time I will do that before. Regards, wolf / aka gn8

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @gn8,

So that wasn't quite the result I was expecting I have to confess. I thought we might discover either that the extensions weren't an issue at all or that one seemed to be interacting or altering something.

With all the extensions once again enabled, what happens if you go for something as drastic as a full reboot of the Mac and then launch Safari, does it still behave?

• gn8
    gn8
    Community Member

Rebooted and nothing works (all ext enabled). But the saved passwords from safari don't work either. And copy'n'paste is not working. Seems to be on the side of linkedin, maybe I should leave and go to xing :-)

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

Sorry to hear about that, @gn8. I hope things sort out soon, but if you have any other trouble, let us know.

This discussion has been closed.