[solved] Coming from keepas2, import with many duplicate questions

Options
pho
pho
Community Member

Hello,

I used keepass2 for years now but changed now to 1password. I use my own server with owncloud for syncing. In keepass I had many logins with the same titles for the same urls... in short... 2 or more logins for the same site. So I exported the keepass2 xml and used the converter tools found here in the forum to import the passwords with the --folders option and that worked like a charm. Now I wanted to import the passwords but here is the problem:

Many entries are seen as duplicates for 1password because they have the same title and 1p just asks me if I want to overwrite the entry with the same name. Of cause I don't want that so....

Oh... I just pressed 'No to all' and the duplicates got imported as they should be so.... no problem at all.

Yeah then I just wanted to say hello as a happy new customer ;)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @pho,

That's why we have that second option, even though it is a bit confusing for some. We will improve on improving and simplifying the import process in a future update, so the external tool is not needed as well. I'm sure @MrC will be happy to hear it worked great for you as he wrote the tool for this purpose.

I'm glad everything worked out great and on behalf of the team here, welcome to the family!

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@pho,

As @MikeT says, I am indeed happy to hear you are converted and using 1Password now.

If you want, I can customize the converter for you to add something unique to the Titles. Let me know if you want it.

This discussion has been closed.