How do I unlink 1password bought from Mac store and re-link to seperate licence?

Options
Stevgouws
Stevgouws
Community Member

Hi,

I've been using my 1password bought through the App Store on my Mac at work. Now I am changing jobs and want to change the license to a new one that my employer will purchase. I uninstalled 1Password, then downloaded it from Agile bits and installed again. When I go to License it just says 'Downloaded from App Store thank you', it doesn't ask for license or give an option to re-enter.

I've signed out of icloud and the app store and rebooted.

So first question is how can I unlink this from my App Store account? My second question, - my employer has a separate license for 1password on Windows that's not being used at the moment. I see that the licensing has changed slightly and you now offer a license for both Windows or OS X. Could we use the spare Windows license on the Mac instead of buying a new one?

Thanks,
Steven

1Password Version: 6.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• eva_s
    eva_s
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2016
    Options

Hi @Stevgouws,

We've received your email and I've updated the email thread with the necessary details from this forum discussion so that it is easier for our support team to get up to speed with the issue. Someone from the support team will get back to you as soon as possible with some further information. We'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there.

Thanks!

ref: UPR-92659-744

This discussion has been closed.