I want to move my personal vault into the families vault so my daughter can access my passwords.

LightningHeart
LightningHeart
Community Member

I want my daughter to be able to get at all my passwords in the event of an emergency. How do I move my personal vault info into families?

1Password Version: 6.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.4
Sync Type: WiFI

Comments

• Hi, @LightningHeart, and welcome to our forum!

We don't have any way to grant access to something only in the event of an emergency. However, you can certainly give your daughter access to your information anyway.

Do you have a family account already? If so, just create a new vault for the information you want to share with your daughter. Then add your daughter to that vault and move the items from your current vault into the new vault.

If you've added your family account to 1Password for Mac, you can move items between vaults using that app. Just select all the items you'd like to move, then in the menu bar, select Item > Share > [your new vault] > Move.

If you're having difficulty with one of those steps, please let me know.

• LightningHeart
    LightningHeart
    Community Member

Got it. Thank you.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @LightningHeart,

I hope Rob's answer help. If you have any other questions at all please do ask :smile:

• LightningHeart
    LightningHeart
    Community Member

Does my daughter need to buy 1password to use the family teams that I have invited her to?

• guillaumeserton
    guillaumeserton
    Community Member

This is a good question, while i haven't found an answer of it into the help.

• rr0ss0rr
    rr0ss0rr
    Community Member

Nope .. All you need to do is download the 1Password app from the Agilebits website and enter your Teams/Family credentials. The apps for all platforms that support Family/Teams are free under your subscription.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @LightningHeart ,

@rr0ss0rr is correct. If you've invited you daughter to be a part of your 1Password Families account, she can download the app from our downloads page, no need to purchase a separate license.

I hope this answers all your questions, but if there's anything else we can do to help, we're here for you!

This discussion has been closed.