I am trying to log in but 1Password says my Key Code is invalid

trace_harris
trace_harris
Community Member

I paid for a personal license to 1Password and received an email receipt that included a key code. I downloaded the software. 1Password enables me to enter logins and passwords when I go to sites; however, when I click 1Password>License, it says I'm using a 30 day free trial. I then went to 1password.com to try to login. There I entered my email address, the key code I was provided in the welcome email, and the high security password I created on 1Password. When I enter that information, it states that my key code is invalid, and it won't permit me to login. Help!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I am trying to log in but 1Password says my Key Code is invalid

Comments

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @trace_harris,

I apologize for the confusion. Only folks with a 1Password for Families or 1Password for Teams subscription can sign in on 1Password.com. That sign-in page allows them to access their secure data and account information. The key requested on our sign in page is an Account Key, not a license key, like you have. I do see how that could be confusing!

Going back to the email that we sent you with your license information, you should see a link that says "Click here to apply your 1Password license." When you click that link, it will open a page in your browser which automatically downloads and applies your license to the 1Password app. This should take it out of Trial Mode. Additionally, your license file will be stored in your 1Password vault in the Software Licenses category for future reference.

I hope this clarifies the situation a bit, but don't hesitate to respond with any other questions you may have. We're here to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.