Unable to see the buttons at the bottom of the login entry without setting the taskbar to auto-hide

Unless I set the Windows taskbar to auto-hide (which is a pain in itself when set) I am unable to see the Add/OK/Cancel buttons at the bottom of the Login entry. The resizing buttons do not work. If I move to the top of the entry the window is just pushed down. If I move to the bottom of the entry window, nothing happens despite the cursor changing to the double arrow cursor indicating window movement is available.

Is there a limit to the number of sections that can be added to an individual Login entry?

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: 4.5.5
OS Version: Windows 7 Version 6.1 (Build 7601 : SP1)
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:login record will not resize

Comments

• MikeT
    edited April 2016

Hi @ausernie,

There's no limit to how much you can add to your items but there's a limit to the UI we're using on Windows in how much it can stretch to fit them in. The scrollbar isn't supported for the components we're using in there. We have plans to redesign this to make it more flexible and to ensure it has the scrollbar support.

For now, you can always save your changes in the item editor by pressing Control + S.

The Notes field does have a scrollbar support, so you could add more data in there as much as you can add.

By the way, just in case based on your screenshot, we don't recommend that you put everything in a Login item, the Login item should be limited as much as possible because there's a chance you'd have to rebuild it to make it work better on new site design changes to improve its filling accuracy. You should keep everything else in a different category and keep the Login items as small as you can. You can use tags to organize them together.

• ausernie
    ausernie
    Community Member

Thanks MikeT. Appreciate the advice.

Keep up the good work at Agile. It's a great product. :-)

• Thanks for your kind feedback, that's great to hear.

You're welcome!

This discussion has been closed.