I cannot download 1PW 6 for new Mac Book pro. I retrieve license info but not account key info.

judithknix
judithknix
Community Member

I have used 1PW for about a year and purchased new Macbook Pro. I cannot download 1PW 6 to new computer as I cannot locate Account key info. I retrieved license info but not account key info. Please help.

1Password Version: 1 Password 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.11.4
Sync Type: icloud
Referrer: forum-search:I cannot download 1PW 6 for new Mac Book pro. I retrieve license info but not account key info.

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @judithknix,

I'm sorry you're having trouble getting things set up on the new Mac!

To make sure I understand, are you just having trouble downloading the 1Password 6 app on your Mac? You should be able to do that from our download site by clicking the 'Download' button under 1Password for Mac. Once the download completes, unzip the file (or it might be unzipped automatically) and move the 1Password 6.app file to the Applications folder.

I retrieved license info but not account key info.

You won't have an Account Key unless you've signed up for a 1Password for Teams or 1Password Families subscription. If you purchased a license for the Mac version of 1Password and have not signed up for our Teams/Families service, you don't need an Account Key.

Hopefully this helps, but please let us know if you have any trouble with that, or if you have more questions. Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.