If I bought 1Password in the Mac Apple Store can I get a license number to use in windows?

Ricard1
Ricard1
Community Member

I bought 1Password in the Apple Store for my Mac, now I am switching to a windows computer and I am wondering if I have to buy it again or if I can request a license and use it on my windows computer?

1Password Version: 6.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.10.5
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: kb:update-1password, kb:purchase-verification, kb:add-license

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Ricard1,

It will likely require the purchase of a new licence but before you do so I would recommend emailing us at support+licenses@agilebits.com, attaching a copy of your Apple receipt showing the purchase of 1Password for Mac (Mac App Store) and we can see what we can do. Please email us from the address associated with the Mac App Store purchase.

There is an alternative option now in the way of 1Password for Teams and 1Password Families. It's a subscription based service where your vaults are stored on our servers, offering a few advantages over the more traditional syncing options. The subscription also includes access to 1Password on all platforms although it is worth noting that currently the Windows and Android platforms are busy catching up with the existing Teams and Families capabilities that the Mac and iOS currently enjoy. They will get there, there's just no point in causing any confusion or disappointment by pretending they're fully capable right now.

We still offer licences for those that don't want us to store their data so it isn't the case that the subscription is the only option, it's that one of two options now available.

When you email us you should receive an automated response with a ticket ID. If you post the ticket ID here it will allow us to locate your email and ensure somebody sees this thread and gets back to you promptly :smile:

• cybersylum
    cybersylum
    Community Member

Hello, I am in this situation and would like some help. I found no indication on the AppStore that purchasing from that venue would prevent me from utilizing the benefits specified at https://1password.com/pricing (unlimited installations for a single user). I purchased 1Password for use on my work computer (mac) and like it so much, I would like to use it on my personal PC as well.

I have followed the steps you provided and sent an e-mail with a copy of the receipt. The support ID is VZK-85299-753

Thank you for your assistance.

• vplewis
    vplewis
    Community Member

@cybersylum Someone from Agilebits will be with you shortly. No need to post in different forum threads.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@cybersylum: Whoa! Deja vu! I see that peri has already replied via email, and I feel like I replied to you in another forum discussion as well...but be sure to let us know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.