Document category not available on Android?

guillaumesertonguillaumeserton Junior Member
edited April 2016 in Android Beta

Hello,

I have a Family account i have 5 elements in the document category.
This category "document" doesn't appears on my Android devices and necessarily i needed them this morning because i store my Emergency Kit in it.

Can you let me know if this is a bug with the beta version, if this is not yet impleted or how can i get this category available on my android.

Thanks

1Password Version: 6.2.1b3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 6.0.1r22
Sync Type: Family

Comments

• @Spinacle as far as I know its not jet implemented.

• guillaumesertonguillaumeserton Junior Member

I hope that is coming very very soon.
    Family products launch is the worst I seen since a long time ago.
    There's no 1p product at the same level of features. I can't believe that.

• ntimontimo
    edited April 2016

@Spinacle I hope that its coming soon too :) Don't give up on families yet :)

• periperi

AgileBits Team Member

1Password 6 for Android doesn't yet support documents for Teams/Families accounts, but this is something that we plan on adding in the future. I'll pass this feedback along to the team. :)

Any news on this feature?
    It's a really missing one...

• saadsaad

AgileBits Team Member

@guillaumeserton I don’t have any updates from what Peri had already mentioned, but I do want to emphasize that this feature is in our sights for Android. Hopefully we will have something more to share in the near future. Thanks for sharing your continued interest :)

Thanks @saad
    Hope to see this into a very near future release :+1:

• periperi

AgileBits Team Member

Thanks for the feedback! We hope so too!

• Hi there,
    I just wanted to ask if there is any update news on the document support for android. Because thats the number 1 missing feature in 1Password for Android for me :)

• periperi

AgileBits Team Member

I don't have any news regarding support for documents at the moment. This is something we indeed hope to support and I'll bump the devs about it. :)

• Don't see the documents category yet on my android phone. I presume it is still on the list.

• periperi

AgileBits Team Member

Hey @tom_kul. You are indeed correct that we don't yet support documents on Android. This is something we would love to add in the future, though, and I'll be sure to add your vote! ref:

• I still don't see this feature supported. When are you guys planing to release it?

• brentybrenty

AgileBits Team Member

@fargozhu: It's something we're working on, but I'm sorry that documents aren't ready on Android yet. Thanks for your patience. I'll let the team know you're looking forward to this feature!

ref: OPA-879

@brenty @peri @saad
    One year later, and still not there.
    I just don't understand why a feature like that is not yet implemented.
    You have implemented tags for exemple in the meantime and just don't understand. Yes I love to see now tags into my Android app, but we are talking about "content" here not other thing.

I just want to remind you guys that we are not talking about user interface but content here.

• brentybrenty

AgileBits Team Member

One year later, and still not there. I just don't understand why a feature like that is not yet implemented.

@guillaumeserton: One year ago, 1Password for Android version 6 was still a brand new app with early support for the just-introduced 1Password.com memberships. If Documents was the only thing we had to work on, I'm sure we would have had it by now, but there have been a dozen releases since then with a number of other features and improvements. This is something we're working on, but not to the exclusion of everything else.

You have implemented tags for exemple in the meantime and just don't understand. Yes I love to see now tags into my Android app, but we are talking about "content" here not other thing. I just want to remind you guys that we are not talking about user interface but content here.

Believe me, we know. Surprisingly, tags are the more frequently requested feature. And perhaps unsurprisingly, there's perhaps less development and testing involved with that, as it amounts to metadata and UI. Dealing with actual files — user data — is something that requires more care. So while it's something we're working to bring to 1Password for Android, it's not something we're going to rush. I'm sorry I don't have better news for you right now, but it's something we're looking forward to ourselves.

• gboudreaugboudreau Junior Member

+1 on requiring documents & attachments show up in the Android app.

• brentybrenty

AgileBits Team Member
    edited May 21

1Password for Android already supports attachments for many local vault setups, and we're working on adding support for Documents in 1Password.com accounts as well. Cheers! :)