Touch ID not working for 1P on new iPad Pro 9.7"

Options
Stephen_C
Stephen_C
Community Member

I have a friend who is using a new iPad Pro 9.7". All his data from his old iPad Air (which did not have Touch ID) was restored to the new iPad and Touch ID is set up on, and working to unlock, the new iPad. In spite of that 1Password 6.3.1 (running on iOS 9.3.1) will not recognise that Touch ID is set—although it's on in 1P > Settings > Security. He is able to unlock 1Password on the new iPad only by using his PIN code or master password. If he tries to use Touch ID to unlock 1Password there is no "reaction" at all from 1Password (i.e., no sign at all that 1Password senses the touch). The new iPad has been rebooted since Touch ID was enabled on it.

Does anyone have any idea what the solution might be, please?

Stephen

1Password Version: 6.3.1 for iOS
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 9.3.1
Sync Type: Wi-Fi (with 1Password for Mac)

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Stephen_C!

I'm a little jealous of your friend. The new 9.7" iPad Pros look slick!

It sounds like the problem originated because a backup was restored from a device with a PIN to one without. I can think of two possible ways to resolve this:

1. Instead of backing up the data from the old iPad and restoring to the new, reinstall 1Password on the new iPad and sync the data over. The PIN code does not sync, but is part of backups.
    2. Disable Touch ID entirely on the new iPad. Then launch 1Password and turn the PIN off. Re-enable Touch ID for the device, and then for 1Password.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Ben:

Thanks so much for the response. I'll get my friend to try those suggestions: much appreciated.

(Yes, the new iPad Pro 9.7" is very nice!)

Stephen

• Ben
    Options

:+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.