Problem with syncing to Dropbox [1Password Anywhere is being deprecated]

Options
spressman
spressman
Community Member
edited April 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I discovered my last backup file on Dropbox was on 4/14. The file was titled 1Password.html and it said (steven pressman's conflicted copy). I don't know what's up since my new passwords have been recorded and synced with my ios devices. I can't access my 1password logins from another computer and I want to be able to give my daughter emergency access to them. What's the easiest way to do this? and what should I do about the Dropbox backups? Maybe the problem started happening when I started using an iphone?
PS I sent a previous request when I thought I was locked out. Turns out I was using an old master password. Ooops.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 9 and win 97
Sync Type: dropbox and icloud?
Referrer: forum-search:I cannot get into my 1password app. I know I am using the right master password. The trouble started

Comments

• Hi @spressman,

Thanks for reaching out again!
    Nevermind the master password thing, happens to all of us sometimes ;)

If you say that you can't access data from another PC, I assume that you mean 1Password Anywhere isn't working for you, right?
    This feature is being deprecated because changes that Dropbox had to make to their service over the last year or so, broke 1Password Anywhere a couple of times. Dropbox was nice enough to fix it for us a few times, basically making exceptions just for us, but the writing is on the wall for this part of 1Password.

And…
    As you've correctly said in your other thread (which I'm closing) 1Password for Families would be the perfect solution for what you're trying to do: Giving your daughter emergency access and accessing your 1Password data from another PC.

Please have a look at our 1Password for Families website for more details and let us know if you have questions, we're always here to help!

Cheers

This discussion has been closed.