How do I uninstall the Windows 10 1Password Beta??

Options

I installed the beta and the extension to try it out. I was able to delete the extension but cannot see how to uninstall the app beta Through the control panel uninstall, 1Password does not show up. In the app itself, there is no option to uninstall. Please tell me how to get this, and all of its components, off my system.

(I see no option to sync, and the Chrome extension did not add any functionality - it just looked for a "helper" which was apparently not installed - i was looking for more than a place to store information, that has to be cut & pasted later).

1Password Version: 2016.3.2800
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @iwantout,

You can uninstall the beta of 1Password for Windows for Windows 10 the way you can uninstall any Microsoft Store app:
    Right-click the icon and select 'Unistall'. It will delete all data associated with the app.

The extensions in your browsers are from a different version of 1Password for Windows and don't work with the app you had installed.

Is there anything in particular that you didn't like about 1Password for Windows 10? Something we might be able to help you with?

• iwantout
    iwantout
    Community Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

I didn't like that it did not autofill passwords on web pages, or that the wireless sync appears to be missing from the beta. Too bad because I was looking for a way to sync passwords across 3 devices (desktop Windows PC and 2 iDevices - and the two iDevices use two different Apple ID's (work and personal)).

• iwantout
    iwantout
    Community Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

[deleted]

• @iwantout That's exactly where 1Password for Teams/Families would be a good fit for you.

It's a service that allows you to keep your 1Password data in sync across any platform that you're able to use 1Password on.

The 1Password for Windows 10 beta is our first step in that direction on Windows.
    At the moment it doesn't support filling in other browsers but it's something we're working on. It does have an internal browser, though, with the ability to fill information.

• iwantout
    iwantout
    Community Member
    Options

Unfortunately the lack of auto fill is a deal breaker for me. And I'm not willing to give up Chrome to get it. Does the older Windows version work with Win10?

• Raylock
    Raylock
    Community Member
    Options

FWIW, I have Windows 4 installed on three Windows 10 machines and on a windows 7 machine. I also have an android phone and an IOS phone. All seem to be working with Dropbox. (new user)

• As @Raylock correctly stated: it does.

1Password 4 for Windows is compatible with Windows 7 and newer.

• copesthetic
    copesthetic
    Community Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

I have one Windows 10 machine, everything else is Mac. I installed the 1Password v6 beta for families in Windows. Unfortunately, it requires that I enter the family master password (25 random characters) instead of my normal master password. That is not acceptable, so I changed that password in the online version to a more reasonable number of characters that I could remember. Now, apparently, 1Password v6 beta for families does not sync in the background and neither of my passwords work (I was prompted to enter the new password on the mac versions). I tried to uninstall 1Password v6 beta for families then reinstall so I could re-enter all of the Family login info, but it apparently does not completely uninstall all data and I am brought to the same password screen. Is there something similar to the mac .plist in Windows that needs to be deleted in order to do a fresh install?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2016
    Options

@copesthetic: Sorry for the trouble! You can change the Master Password in the beta under Settings > Options. That's probably easier.

But if you really want to start over with a clean slate, you can do the following:

1. Enter %LOCALAPPDATA%\1Password in the Windows File Explorer's address bar and it'll list the content of your 1Password 6 Beta folder.
    2. You can then move the 20160504.sqlite out of this folder or rename it and start 1Password, it'll start over.
  • copesthetic
    copesthetic
    Community Member
    Options

thanks for the info. for others reading the post, brenty's first option will only work if you want to change the password up front in the Windows 1Password. If, however, you change the password online as I did, you have to delete the .sqlite file. It worked perfectly.

• MikeT
    Options

Thanks for expanding on Brenty's post.

We do plan to update 1Password to support remote updates for master password changes. Right now, any master password changes in 1Password 6 Beta only changes the database password, not the actual vault or 1Password Account's password.

This discussion has been closed.