"Backup Failed"

Comments

• paul_wood
    paul_wood
    Community Member

I keep getting "Backup Failed" messages with no way to fix it.

• Hi @paul_wood

I've split your question off into its own thread as it doesn't appear to be related to the other customer's question.

Could you please give me a little more background? When do you get this message? Is it happening within 1Password itself? Which version of 1Password are you using (instructions: How to keep 1Password up to date ) and on which platform (iOS/Mac/Windows/etc)?

Please let us know. The more details you can provide the quicker we'll be able to assist.

Thanks!

Ben

• paul_wood
    paul_wood
    Community Member

Ben, Thanks for trying to help. I get messages throughout the day in the upper right hand corner of the screen. They will trail down the screen all day, if I do not close them. I can't find a screen or a checkbox to handle th problem.

I am using 1Password 6 on a Macbook 13 running OS X El Capitan 10.11. I believe everything is up-to-date.

• Hi @paul_wood ,

If there messages are coming from 1Password then I can envision two causes. Either your hard disk is full, or there is a permission problem. To figure it out for certain, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com. Also, please include the date and time you last received a "Backup Failed" message.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Cheers,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.