after update Finder says "1Password.app" is damaged and can't be opened. Delete "1Password.app"

Options
slneal25
slneal25
Community Member

after update Finder says "1Password.app" is damaged and can't be opened. Delete "1Password.app" and download it again from the App Store. I have my receipt, but the App Store does not recognize my previous purchase. I am really screwed if I can't get into the data base. I do have a time machine backup, can I just restore the app? is it safe to try to upgrade again if I do? I originally purchased v4.3, but have upgraded since.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.10.5
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:after update Finder says "1Password.app" is damaged and can't be opened. Delete "1Password.app" and download it again from the App Store. The App Store requires repurchase, why? I have my receipt.

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @slneal25,

I'm sorry to hear the Finder is giving you an error about 1Password! Even if there's a problem with the app itself, your data should be fine, as that's stored separately. One way or another, we'll help you gain access to it again!

If you purchased 1Password from the Mac App Store, it sounds like you're seeing one of the errors described here: Mac App Store: App damaged / prompted for Apple ID

As explained in that post, this is related to a certificate issue in the Mac App Store that has affected various apps (not just 1Password). If that's the problem you're experiencing, the 1Password app isn't actually damaged (it's a misleading error message). Your 1Password data is safe! Just follow the steps from that post to solve it.

Please let us know how it goes, and if it's still a problem, we'll continue from there. Thanks! :)

• slneal25
    slneal25
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. It turned out that the fix didn't exactly work as described, but it was close enough. When I logged out and signed back into the store, my previous purchase was recognized and the app could be re-nstalled.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @slneal25,

I’m glad to hear that you’re all sorted out, thanks for letting us know!

I hope that 1Password behaves perfectly for you from now on, but if you have any other questions or concerns, we're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.