Many corrupted items with an exclamation mark in my agilekeychain-vault

Options
dahanbn
dahanbn
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

More than 60 % of my items in Win10 Beta have an red exclamation mark behind the entry name. If I hover it it says:

Corrupted Item.
You need to restore item from backup.

Somehow that worries me. I checked some of them in 1Password4 and there was no problem with that (passwords, contents of secure notes, attachments).

I also noticed some UI glitches with that phenomenon. If I click on such an entry I see only the name of it and its type e.g. login. If I click afterwards on a working entry I will see the full content of it. If I click after that on an corrupted entry again than the Beta will only change the title of the detail view with the name of the corrupted entry. But all the details of the former working item (user, password, url, dates, etc.) will remain. That is definitely a bug.

Currently is a further sharing of my legacy vault data into the family plan not possible. :-(

1Password Version: 2016.4.801
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• SergeyTheAgile
    edited April 2016
    Options

@dahanbn this is definitely a bug introduced recently, your data should be ok, but decryption failure preventing app to display it. It appears that .agilekeychain decryption is broken, we are fixing it now. Sorry for the trouble.

As for /help, yes, it's changed recently. There are few new/old/revised commands, like:

/log - to open advanced settings & log in separate window (please don't forget to close it, when you close main window)
    /email - to send us email with crash logs from last 3 days
    /log/folder - to open a folder where crash reports are stored
    /log/copy - to copy current log to clipboard
    /log/save - to save current log to file
    /feedback - to open Windows Feedback Hub app

You can type them in search box /log or you can run it as link from the browser op://log

• @dahanbn the fix is available now, please "Check for updates" in the Store app to get it faster. As always with most annoying bugs it was a typo in the code, which caused wrong decryption algorithm to be used and it rightfully failed to decrypt your data. Once again sorry for the trouble :)

• MikeT
    Options

That's great, thanks for letting us know!

This discussion has been closed.