Will 1Password for mac be on sale soon?

Options
Will_Klien49
Will_Klien49
Community Member

I've been holding off on buying it for a while now because it's pretty expensive.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Will 1password have a sale soon?

Comments

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Will_Klien49,

We don't announce sales ahead of time, so the best way to keep in the loop about them would be to follow @1Password on twitter, facebook, subscribe to our email newsletter, or all three! :)

We recently simplified our pricing model and we're no longer selling separate licenses for each platform. There's now just one desktop license for 1Password, and it's good for Mac and Windows.

The other option, which may be easier on your budget, is a 1Password for Families account, which includes not only the latest Mac and Windows apps, but also iOS and Android apps with Pro Features. We're currently running a Special Launch Special that gets you lots of early adopter perks for subscribing by April 14, including your first 3 months free. We hope you'll check it out!

• Bachsau
    Bachsau
    Community Member
    Options

@Vee: I think this general desktop license thing does not include the Mac App Store version, doesn't it? But that's no problem. Just please never decide to stop distribution through Mac App Store. iCloud support is worth it.

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Nowadays iCloud sync works just as well in the direct version as in the App Store version, so there's no technical advantage in buying from the App Store. A while ago, Apple only permitted iCloud synce in the App Store version, but they changed their procedure, and now any version works with iCloud.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Bachsau,

What danco said is correct, you can now sync via iCloud even with the AgileBits store version :lol: I'm with you, before I moved to Families I was using iCloud sync and it was so much easier than Dropbox!

Just to be clear, if you buy 1Password from the AppStore today, you do have access to a Windows license. However, you have to go through the hassle of getting it sorted out instead of having instant access for it on your email.

Please let us know if there's anything else that we can help you with or if there's anything else that you'd like to know about 1Password! :chuffed:

• Bachsau
    Bachsau
    Community Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

Thanks for all the information @Pilar. However, I like the Mac App Store. It is just the best integrated and most sophisticated way to install and update Apps on a Mac so I think I will go this way again (buying it for someone else).

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Bachsau,

I'm glad to hear that you're planning to share the love of 1Password :chuffed: Thank you for your input about the AppStore, we love to know what our users think! We're well aware that each person likes and needs different things, so we do our best to have different options that will make it easier for everyone!

I hope that you and the person you're introducing 1Password to enjoy it for a long time! :chuffed:

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @Bachsau,

Just to add to Pilar's answer, I also want to mention that new purchases of 1Password through the Mac App Store do also entitle the user to a license key for Windows. So if the person you're buying it for wants to use 1Password on Windows as well, they (or you) just need to email the proof of purchase from the Mac App Store to us at support+license@agilebits.com and we'll gladly provide it. :+1: Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.