Which version?

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Both versions of 1P on computer.

I've moved this from the Mac section to the Windows section where it's more likely to be seen by someone that can help with Windows.

Comments

• wjohnst2
    wjohnst2
    Community Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

Ok call me a newb for 1P., I'm ok with that, but a friend of mine highly recommended this. I downloaded the trial version of the software from your online store version 4.6.0.604. So I tinkered a little, and then he recommended to do the family account. Which I did, and it had links to install a version for Windows 10 (2016.4.900). Now I'm all messed up (I think). If I do things in the Chrome extension, they go to the version 4 only, If I do things in the Windows 10 version (app) they are not sync'd with the version 4. When I add things in the Windows 10 version, sometimes they will show in the W10 version, and sometimes they don't. But on the iOS verions I see all entries from both the W10 and Windows version 4. As I paid through the Family version, I'm guessing the version 4 doesn't support the Family account? I like with version 4 as it is well laid out and not feature limited like the W10 Beta version. And the version 4 only has a couple more entries before it is locked out as it needs a license key. W10 doesn't seem to have any browser extensions either.

What's compatible with what, and what would you recommend I keep? Situation is Fam w/4 kids, multple PC (winbloz) and multipe iOS.

Where do I go from here?

• LauraR
    edited April 2016
    Options

Hi @wjohnst2 - I'm sorry for any confusion with this. A complete solution for 1Password for Families on Windows is coming. We offer 1Password Beta for Windows 10 for a Family solution, though this version doesn’t include browser extensions. It does have its own browser and you can use Go and Fill to open your website in this browser. 1Password 4 for Windows doesn't support Family vaults.

It sounds like you are using Dropbox sync in 1Password 4 for Windows, and 1Password on your iOS device is seeing both this vault in Dropbox as well as your Family vaults - they would all appear in the All Vaults view.

As you are a family with 4 kids (gold star for that!) I would recommend staying with 1Password for Families as this is the best solution for sharing passwords with your family. You will need to use the 1Password Windows Modern app and not 1Password 4 for Windows.

Our developers are working hard to release a complete solution for Windows. Once it is available, we will be announcing it in our newsletter (https://agilebits.com/newsletter) and on our blog (https://blog.agilebits.com). Thank you for your patience till then!

Please let us know if you have any further questions at any time.

This discussion has been closed.