Seeing duplicates

Options
tommyent
tommyent
Community Member

This is the 3rd or 4th time that I have noticed this in the past week or so.

Example Netflix 4 copies. Same URL, user, pass and form details on all 4. One is in the shared vault and the modified date (2016) is different on that one but the same on the other three (2012).

Scrolling through quickly I also have a duplicate Stripe account that was not there yesterday when I logged in.

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.3.BETA-4 (630004)
Extension Version: 4.5.5.90
OS Version: OSX 10.11.4
Sync Type: 1Password Families

Comments

• Jacob
    Options

Hey @tommyent! That's quite strange. Did you recently move things to your Families account or have you been using Families for a while? And are you seeing this in 1Password.com as well? Another thing I'm curious about is internet connectivity. Have you had consistent connection to the internet or have things been dropping out a bit lately? That info should help us diagnose things. :)

• tommyent
    tommyent
    Community Member
    Options

@penderworth

• No it was move a while ago.
    • I do see it at 1Password.com as well.
    • Nothing that I or the kids have noticed. The kids sadly game all the time so if there are connectivity issues I hear about it. Reviewing a log from a cron that I run to monitor both my connection I don't see any connectivity issues either since March 24. Speeds vary from 20Mbs to 175Mbs down and 5Mbs to 12Mbs up.
  • Jacob
    Options

@tommyent My apologies for the late reply. I'm still investigating what may have happened here. We'll get back to you soon, I just wanted to let you know we haven't forgotten about things. :)

• tommyent
    tommyent
    Community Member
    Options

thanks

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tommyent,

Can you confirm that the items all have different UUIDs?

In 1Password on your Mac:

1. Choose Preferences > Advanced.
    2. Enable Copy UUID.

Select each item and then choose Item > Copy UUID.

Paste the UUIDs into a text document to compare them.

I presume they must have separate UUIDs, or they wouldn't be showing up as separate items. However, it will be helpful to rule out anything truly strange happening because multiple items have the same UUID. :)

• tommyent
    tommyent
    Community Member
    Options

Yeah they did at the time I had actually checked that. I actually deleted them shortly after reporting the issue. I will take a look later through my vault and see if there are any more but I haven't noticed any in a week or so

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's good news. Thanks for confirming, @tommyent.

Please do keep us posted. We haven't seen anything strange on our end here, but that doesn't mean there isn't a bug that needs squashing.

Let's continue to keep an eye on it.

• tommyent
    tommyent
    Community Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

@khad So I found more. Stripe again as well as a Google account.

I diffed the json for Stripe and everything is exactly the same except for the UUID.

With Google one of the logins has a previous version of the password and that obviously changes the array a bit

I have been logging into Stripe a lot lately from different machines and incognito windows so I will see if I can narrow it down a bit.

• rob
    Options

Created and modified dates are the same? That's pretty strange. @tommyent, could you send us an email at support@1password.com with some of the details like your account domain and the item UUIDs that are duplicates? We can use that info to search our logs and maybe see what's happening.

• tommyent
    tommyent
    Community Member
    Options

@rob I sent it and included a reference to this here.

• Ben
    Options

Got it! Thanks tommyent. We appreciate your willingness to work with us to (hopefully) track down this issue.

Ben

ref: UKZ-14621-257

This discussion has been closed.